• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

The Dylan Thomas is a real oldy - even looks like he's playing an acoustic guitar instead of the amplified kind. Barbara Allan - old English folk song but he puts his own spin on it. Interesting.

Well, it's Bob Dylan rather than Dylan Thomas. :) But yeah, it's pretty old, recorded way back in his early folk days. There's a song on his latest album that starts off from "Barbara Allen" and builds something entirely different on it, so I felt like checking back with the original.

Here's an odd cover version for abecedarian: Ralph Stanley doing The Velvet Underground's old punk rocker "White Light/White Heat" as a country ballad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daIsBjJmGJY

Oops beer good - Got my artists mixed up - like them both - got the one name right though. Thanks for setting the record straight. :)

Hello again beer good: Getting mixed up with the Dylans set off a nice memory so off to the library (online) to order A Child's Christmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas. Really enjoyed the television production of that a few years ago so the book will be a nostalgic pleasure. :)

If I ever win the lottery, I will buy all the TransAtlantic Sessions recordings I can find. I haven't heard a single song I didn't like..Some are just amazing.

Shrek likes them, too. I was proud to have made a music discovery for him and he was all, "I have that one." I've had it going on a loop since I got up. Thanks for the music thrill!

Shrek likes them, too. I was proud to have made a music discovery for him and he was all, "I have that one." I've had it going on a loop since I got up. Thanks for the music thrill!

Glad to help! I often put these up on my Facebook wall, trying to salt the oats, so to speak. I have several friends who seem to enjoy them.

Your post led me on a 45 minute search through Tom T. Hall songs on You Tube. I learned a lot, like How To Talk To A Little Baby Goat...:)

LOL If you liked that, you should investigate Roger Miller. When he wasn't writing cutting social commentaries, he was writing incredibly silly songs like You Cant Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd, and My Uncle Used to Love Me But She Died. He also composed the music for Big River, musical based on Huckleberry Finn.

LOL If you liked that, you should investigate Roger Miller. When he wasn't writing cutting social commentaries, he was writing incredibly silly songs like You Cant Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd, and My Uncle Used to Love Me But She Died. He also composed the music for Big River, musical based on Huckleberry Finn.

I grew up with both of them, just rolling down memory lane! The Streak...

Back