• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

* LEIHOTIKAN :buttrock
(( ► )) NON ZAUDE ?? ( Where are you ?? )

^ I put you into context --- A friend recives a strange message which he must descipher « Perhaps are the red clouds made up of frozen ammonia crystals that blinds me ---- You told me I could use the strong and unknown Energy that flows from the center of the galaxy and the dark matter would enlighten me forever » For this reason, someone worried ask him/her Where are you ??

(( ► )) ESNATZEA ( The day arrived )/ Poetics/

(( ► )) HELIO HIRUA ( Helium-3 )

Don't let yourself fooled by this acustic mirage , it's a ballad in every sense like those of U2 or Guns N Roses....well, a bit hardcore :cool: ---- ^ I put you into context - A visitor from outer space fall in love for you and he/she says that now you must point at some star because there will be your new home...But don't be afraid because thanks to helium 3 you will keep warm yourself up
:rolleyes:

(( ► )) EGONEZINA ( Restlessness) / Poetics/

(( ► )) LASAITU ZAIZTEZ ( Calm down )

Last edited:
I hope you had understood that I was referring to Digital SLR camera ----
default%202_hi.gif
---- Well, my choice revolves around 3 criteria : The Subject matter (( 2 songs have space themed )) , the Poetics (( lyrics )) and the « sonorous evolution » as band :cool:

You put a lot of thought in this, appreciate that :).

While I'm checking it out, another not very well known local AZ band that's gonna perform at the upcoming AZ Bike Week in two weeks time:
Threefold Fate - Lost Angel

Last edited:
^ I put you into context --- A friend recives a strange message which he must descipher « Perhaps are the red clouds made up of frozen ammonia crystals that blinds me ---- You told me I could use the strong and unknown Energy that flows from the center of the galaxy and the dark matter would enlighten me forever » For this reason, someone worried ask him/her Where are you ??

Don't let yourself fooled by this acustic mirage , it's a ballad in every sense like those of U2 or Guns N Roses....well, a bit hardcore :cool: ---- ^ I put you into context - A visitor from outer space fall in love for you and he/she says that now you must point at some star because there will be your new home...But don't be afraid because thanks to helium 3 you will keep warm yourself up
:rolleyes:

Absolutely loving this band, the second song especially gave me chills...

Gonna listen to it now all some more... and it's additionally good since ya gave me context for the songs...
Thank ya :)

Absolutely loving this band, the second song especially gave me chills...
Gonna listen to it now all some more... and it's additionally good since ya gave me context for the songs... Thank ya :)
Well, I had to put curb on the contexts :confused: because I wanted to respect your way of listening music without needing of translations :) My first impulse was contextualize all the songs but at the end, I opted for those 2 by its quaint themed :cool:
---- Esnatzea » In broad strokes, talks about overcoming a rough patch with optimism...but it has been written like if it was a metaphorical poem
---- Egonezina another metaphorical poem much more creative !! Talks about the sense of unease as consequence of having to wake up while he still is dreaming, also about dreams, secrets and even, about the reincarnation :rolleyes: --- The changes of rhytms in this song, i love it !! :buttrock

Well, I had to put curb on the contexts :confused: because I wanted to respect your way of listening music without needing of translations :) My first impulse was contextualize all the songs but at the end, I opted for those 2 by its quaint themed :cool:
---- Esnatzea » In broad strokes, talks about overcoming a rough patch with optimism...but it has been written like if it was a metaphorical poem
---- Egonezina another metaphorical poem much more creative !! Talks about the sense of unease as consequence of having to wake up while he still is dreaming, also about dreams, secrets and even, about the reincarnation :rolleyes: --- The changes of rhytms in this song, i love it !! :buttrock

Yeah, well, while I don't need to know what the song is about in order to enjoy it, knowing it sometimes (in fact, often :)) makes the experience better :).

Thank ya for additional explanations :).

Dunno if I posted this one already
Brian Fallon - Etta James

Yeah, well, while I don't need to know what the song is about in order to enjoy it, knowing it sometimes (in fact, often :)) makes the experience better :).
Then, I've the go-ahead for contextualizing what i want !! :eek:Whoopee :rofl ---- I thought that you use to get carried away by the music without interpreting the meanings (( lyrics )) , that is, emphasizing in your own perception :rolleyes:
Before of forget, I give you thanks for showing me a lot of rock bands that i didn't know , above all, the home bands from AZ .

^ In my next rock/punk stop in Basque I will talk about an Aragonese who felt himself basque »» KURAIA --- Sadly the group dissolved in 2006

Last edited:
Then, I've the go-ahead for contextualizing what i want !! :eek:Whoopee :rofl ---- I thought that you use to get carried away by the music without interpreting the meanings (( lyrics )) , that is, emphasizing in your own perception :rolleyes:
Before of forget, I give you thanks for showing me a lot of rock bands that i didn't know , above all, the home bands from AZ .

^ In my next rock/punk stop in Basque I will talk about an Aragonese who felt himself basque »» KURAIA --- Sadly the group dissolved in 2006

Yeah, by all means, go and contextualize :). Lookin' forward to Kuraia :)

Last edited:
and this one is acquired taste and you probably like it only if you're from Arizona... we usually end up singing this song late at parties :)
Pay attention to the lyrics, tho, they describe my state good :)
St.Madness - Arizona

and this one is acquired taste and you probably like it only if you're from Arizona... we usually end up singing this song late at parties :)
St.Madness - Arizona
I think, i can visualize you at the end of your parties , I see....:rolleyes: You are keepping in step with your headbanging :buttrock

^ Let's have a break in rock/punk sounds in Basque because I would like to talk about the Origin of Basque language from Linguists standpoint, but I will explain you through Jazz/ Blues/ Folk rhythms:cool: and others surprises :D

As of today, there isn't any conclusive answer about the origin of Basque, rather several hypothesis...So, I delved into my inquisitiveness and I thought about how I could show you certain arguments of some Linguists without boring you and came my mind a word, Musicality (( prosody )) .
Well, I've tried to find the appropiate musicality - in this time - for each theory of the past .

* Berber / Basque theory = H. Schuchardt, René Lafon

(( ► )) HINDI ZAHRA - Oursoul

¦ The Kartvelian family of Caucasian languages ¦

* Georgian / Basque theory = Nikolai Marr, A. Trombetti

(( ► )) Fuat Saka & The Shin - Civeloy
---The intro with recited words, I thought about Manugaitz (( navarrese rapper ))

(( ► )) Fuat Saka & The Shin - Gelino --- The second singer reminds me Leonard Cohen

* Armenian/Basque theory = Vahan Sarkisian, Edward Spencer Dodgson
(( ► )) Macha Gharibian - Sari Siroun Yar

^^ I am really surprised of my own selection....I discoverd that these bands are still very unknown :eek: but they have a lot talent !!

Last edited:
^ Let's have a break in rock/punk sounds in Basque because I would like to talk about the Origin of Basque language from Linguists standpoint, but I will explain you through Jazz/ Blues/ Folk rhythms:cool: and others surprises :D

As of today, there isn't any conclusive answer about the origin of Basque, rather several hypothesis...So, I delved into my inquisitiveness and I thought about how I could show you certain arguments of some Linguists without boring you and came my mind a word, Musicality (( prosody )) .
Well, I've tried to find the appropiate musicality - in this time - for each theory of the past .

* Berber / Basque theory = H. Schuchardt, René Lafon

(( ► )) HINDI ZAHRA - Oursoul

¦ The Kartvelian family of Caucasian languages ¦

* Georgian / Basque theory = Nikolai Marr, A. Trombetti

(( ► )) Fuat Saka & The Shin - Civeloy
---The intro with recited words, I thought about Manugaitz (( navarrese rapper ))

(( ► )) Fuat Saka & The Shin - Gelino --- The second singer reminds me Leonard Cohen

* Armenian/Basque theory = Vahan Sarkisian, Edward Spencer Dodgson
(( ► )) Macha Gharibian - Sari Siroun Yar

^^ I am really surprised of my own selection....I discoverd that these bands are still very unknown :eek: but they have a lot talent !!

That was interesting selection. I enjoyed that, and made me think about Basque language more for sure. I especially liked Gelino (and yeah, that second singer was unexpected shock in a good way :)) and the first one, Hindi Zahra. They're gettin' shared with my friends (who, by the way, are starting to wonder where do I get all of those lately :D. Thank ya, ya're providing me not only with great music but also with a bit of a mystery I can tease my friends with :D).

A little taste of sounds of Balkans for you:
BISTRA VODA - LEB I SOL (1983)

That was interesting selection. I enjoyed that, and made me think about Basque language more for sure.
:cool:
I especially liked Gelino (and yeah, that second singer was unexpected shock in a good way :)) and the first one, Hindi Zahra.
GELINO is a master piece !! :) I love it !! The vocal technique of both singers is sublime and the instrumental richness with tunes of the near Orient is wonderful !! ---- Hindi Zahra sings also in English
They're gettin' shared with my friends (who, by the way, are starting to wonder where do I get all of those lately :D.
Talk them about the Linguists !! :cool: Your new inspiration !! :rofl In fact, it's the mine !! :rolleyes:
Thank ya, ya're providing me not only with great music but also with a bit of a mystery I can tease my friends with:D
:buttrock Don't mention it !! :cool:

Last edited:
Back