• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

The vocal technique of both singers is sublime and the instrumental richness with tunes of the near Orient is wonderful !!

those are exact words I searched for but couldn't find to describe that one, yeah, ya nailed it :D.
ya're much better with words than me :)

those are exact words I searched for but couldn't find to describe that one, yeah, ya nailed it :D.
ya're much better with words than me
:)
:eek: Thanks for your words but you do exaggerate !! :eek: In English I'm not so creative than my other languages . Well, my description has been a bit superficial, i'm not proud :confused: I did some music studies in conservatoire of music (( I play violin )) . Let's say, my musical knowledges allows me -besides what it's obvious- enjoy of the intrinsic poetry of a tune or harmony....The Poetics of a song isn't always linked to the lyrics :)

^ This song is pure poetry in all senses !!

(( ► )) Mikel Urdangarin - ITSASOAN EURIA
( RAIN ON THE SEA )

Last edited:
:eek: Thanks for your words but you do exaggerate !! :eek: In English I'm not so creative than my other languages . Well, my description has been a bit superficial, i'm not proud :confused: I did some music studies in conservatoire of music (( I play violin )) . Let's say, my musical knowledges allows me -besides what it's obvious- enjoy of the intrinsic poetry of a tune or harmony....The Poetics of a song isn't always linked to the lyrics :)

^ This song is pure poetry in all senses !!

(( ► )) Mikel Urdangarin - ITSASOAN EURIA
( RAIN AT SEA )

well, that was beautiful :)
seems to me ya know a lot about a lot of things :). Geology, linguistics, all them languages, and now a violin :). Me, I'm just a mechanic that used to be in a band :).

Now this one's hauntingly beautiful, at least I feel so...
Jos Slovick - I Am a Poor Wayfaring Stranger

I'm reading about Linguistics but i'm not Linguist, is like a hobby . But when I read about Philosophy.....I feel a bit Philosopher :rolleyes:
In short, I like to learn !! :cool: Besides, I'm a few years older than you, so I've had a little more time for reading a lot stuff, but about mechanics i don't know almost anything....Now, I am triying to visualize a spark plug and I feel lost !! :confused: Cylinder head gasket ??o_O

Last edited:
I'm reading about Linguistics but i'm not Linguist, is like a hobby . But when I read about Philosophy.....I feel a bit Philosopher :rolleyes:
In short, I like to learn !! :cool: Besides, I'm a few years older than you, so I've had a little more time for reading a lot stuff, but about mechanics i don't know almost anything....Now, I am triying to visualize a spark plug and I feel lost !! :confused:

hahaha... well, I don't think that I'll be startin' to read philosophy, no matter how old I get, gonna stick to bike manuals, but, ya know what, ya never know what happens, right? :D

I knew it !! ( intuitively ):cool: Well, you gave some good clues !!:D
Perhaps, a rock/ metal band ??

Yea, good guess :). Was in several bands, rock, hard rock and metal, and various mixtures of it. One of 'em was Kiss cover band and I got in 'cause of my tongue, 'cause I could imitate Gene Simmons the best :D.

:eek::rofl --- When you told me about the singer's voice of Rise Against & Assembly Required, it was when I deduced that you could be singer :)

hahaha, no, I've got horrible singing voice... know how it should all sound in my head, but when I open my mouth... horror and stampede to get away :D

started as a drummer in my first band, switched to bass and stayed bassist ever since...

hahaha, no, I've got horrible singing voice... know how it should all sound in my head, but when I open my mouth... horror and stampede to get away :D
I didn't realise that you were teasing me :rofl Although you don't believe me, my second intuition was drummer....I thought it, when you talked me about Oreka, berri txarrak
started as a drummer in my first band, switched to bass and stayed bassist ever since...
Crikey !! 4 strings like me !! :cool:
Don't be so modest !! You should say : I was musical poet !! Without bassist there isn't harmonic work, neither steady pulse, neither groove....the real poet is the bassist :)

^ Btw, I found the original song of Gelino without the voice of Leonard Cohen (( Fuat Saka )), although there is a surprise :D

(( ► )) THE SHIN - Gelino

Last edited:
I didn't realise that you were teasing me :rofl Although you don't believe me, my second intuition was drummer....I thought it, when you talked me about Oreka, berri txarrak
Teasing? Who, me :)? Nah, I'm serious as a heart attack... :D
Sure, I believe ya, why not :).
Crikey !! 4 strings like me !! :cool:
Don't be so modest !! You should say : I was musical poet !! Without bassist there isn't harmonic working, neither steady pulse, neither groove....the real poet is the bassist :)
Well, yeah, mostly four, prefer four, tho I have one five stringed bass too...

^ Btw, I found the original song of Gelino without the voice of Leonard Cohen (( Fuat Saka )), although there is a surprise :D
Still amazing song, different than the previous version, but it's one real impressive song...

4 or 5 doesn't matter, the bassist is still the poet !! :)

Most of the time, I felt like a glue that had to keep drummer and guitar player together when they got lost, and I didn't know what fills to play in order to bring 'em back together :D.

I like the song but the music video is :eek::confused:

Was lookin' weird to me too, then I went and googled it, seems that the song is a soundtrack for some movie, and those are movie scenes in the vid, it was supposed to be the movie about some gypsy kids from the Balkans, apparently they marry very young and nobody asks them much about it... (as if, arranged marriages in Europe, still...). In the movie, at least the plot that I read says so, they're also forced to steal and beg and similar "fun" stuff... And apparently, the girl in the movie dies while giving birth and the baby is sold... Made me glad I haven't watched the movie or I'd probably end up angry...

Most of the time, I felt like a glue that had to keep drummer and guitar player together when they got lost, and I didn't know what fills to play in order to bring 'em back together :D.
Extemporization like a great poet !! :) You were their bridge....Although If I had been a bridge would be....Drawbridge and someday I would have taken revenge on both and I'd have played beyond the tonic and fifth !! :devillook

Back