• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what are you thinking about?

Originally posted by Martin
Congrats on the birth, Carlos! When is it due?

And a new job in Malaysia? How on earth can you combine that with a new-born baby? Or is Malaysia closer to Perth than I think (I stink at geography; please don't laugh).

Cheers, Martin :D

April 5th, will be boy No.2, still deciding on names though.

Not really a new job just a 3 week contract. I'm a consultant geologist in the oil and gas industry. So 3 weeks on the rig in Malaysia then home to Perth. Then a couple of wells for BHPB.

I generally work in Australia, I'm at work now off shore of Broome. I have also worked in Taiwan, Angola.

Carlos, you should name him after a book character. :p

My brother wanted to name his daughter Flannery Scout, after Flannery O'Connor and Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. His wife wouldn't let him tho. They settled on Katherine Flannery.

My wife has been suggesting names for the past 5 months. I've kept saying no to her suggestions, much to her disgust.:)

We'll probably call him Ewan, her fav for now. Our first is James Patrick. We both like Star Trek so I always say he is named after James T Kirk and the actor Patrick Stewart who plays Jean Luc Picard :D

Initially she wanted to call our next Jochote (spelling?) from star trek voyager. It's actually native American. I wasn't too sure though. Plus Jack is the most common name at present in Australia.

I'm open to sugestions.

Where are you from Sandra?

Ewan
Anglicized Scottish form of EOGHAN

EOGHAN m Irish, Scottish
Pronounced: O-in, YO-in
Possibly means "born from the yew tree" in Old Celtic. Alternatively it could be a Gaelic form of EUGENE.
From the Greek name Eugenios which was derived from the Greek word eugenes meaning "well born", composed of the elements eu "good, well" and genes "born". This was the name of several saints and four popes. Other famous bearers include Eugene of Savoy, an 18th-century general who served the Austrian Empire, and the American playwright Eugene O'Neill

no, only once you read it as it really is spelled, e-wan. ^_^
lol i'm from the philippines. but honestly, Ewan sounds like a good name. it's cool. :D

Stella: You guys sound rich!!!

Hah!!! I wish :) Might be able to buy ourselves a decent house then!! (We've been house-hunting now for about 6 months without success yet :confused: )

Carlos: Must be a Wallace and Grommit fan

Arent they great :p Theres a new film coming out soon too!! About time, its been AGEEEESSS since the last one!

Martin: I'll just consider myself invited

Now why doesnt that surprise me!!! Fear the wrath of Martin's ass!!!

ahome.vicnet.net.au__donkeysh_Photos_Photos2003May_Mildred50Percent.jpg

:D

Phil

Originally posted by phil_t
Hah!!! I wish :) Might be able to buy ourselves a decent house then!! (We've been house-hunting now for about 6 months without success yet :confused: )

But that's how rich you guys are!!!

you're looking for the perfect house ;) heehee

He's always been mad!! :p

I knew Martin was online when i saw there had been a flurry of recent posts!! :D

Phil

Back