• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what are your favorite romance novels/novelists?

I've only read a few different romance authors but Jennifer Crusie really impressed me. Her romance stories also bring in elements of mystery/suspense and LOTS of humor! I highly recommend Welcome to Temptation. It's about a woman and her sister who travel to a small town, Temptation, to make a film. The woman falls for the hot mayor of the town and manages to stir up local life quite a bit, and then someone gets murdered. Throughout the story you have great witty dialogue and humorous situations as well.

nora roberts; J D Robb

love nora roberts books and also he futuristic suspense series with eve dallas.
been collecting her "Death series". anyone out there who like this series ?

I love Jennifer Cruise as well. Her books are very quick paced. You may possibly like Evanovich or Jennifer Weiner as well. They both write in the same style. Have you read either of them?

I read very quickly.I am a little partial to Bertrice Small...I think this is due to the fact that one of the first books I read for fun was Adora. I was 14 or so and very intrigued by the sexual themes. Every time she publishes a new book I will buy it. I enjoy her writing style. Have you ever read any of her work?

You're right about Janet Evanovich. I've read the first 9 Stephanie Plum books and loved them! Jennifer Weiner is on my BTR list. Is Little Earthquakes the best or are there better ones?

I did read "Little Earthquakes", it was pretty good. My two favorites are "In Her Shoes" and "Good in Bed". If I'm not mistaken I think "In Her Shoes" is being made into a movie starring Cameron Diaz.

love nora roberts books and also he futuristic suspense series with eve dallas.
been collecting her "Death series". anyone out there who like this series ?

I LOVE HER!!

In a non-freaky, non-lesbo way. Roarke is one of the first fictious men I fell head-over-heels in love with:blush:

I fell in love with Christine Feehan once I started reading her "Dark Series." Her latest book Dark Predator just came out this month. I can't wait to read it. The way she puts two people together at the perfect moment is amazing.

Strangely enough, the best romance novel and the worst romance novel I've ever read both belong to the same author ,Robert James Waller .

"Slow Waltz in Cedar Bend" was the good read , while "The Bridges of Madison County" was the absolutely bad one.

A Perfect Stranger by Danielle Steel. I stumbled in to it at the CVS drugstore last summer. They had a bunch of paperbacks that had very rudimentary covers and were on sale for only $5.99. It turns out that they were re-releases and this one was from 1981. There's no way I would have found it were it not re-released like that, what a great find!

Back