• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are your fears?

novella

What are your fears, large and small? Daily fears and life-long fears.

I believe emotions are written best from a place of experience, and fear is a very interesting one for me. Do you have fears you know to be irrational (moreso than normal), yet you can't shake them?

Too many, too many.

Fear of being rejected, fear of being criticized, fear of departure from the beloved, fear of being a loser of life, fear of being a mundane dust,

Fear of disgusting insects, rats, uglyness, ............................

To be specific, there is this kind of little worm that you could find on trees' leaves, or in your garden, greenish, or whole white, urgh.... sorry, even the thinking about and the trying to picture it can make me shudder, and nausia. The fear of it was/is irrational, i think. :eek: :( :eek: :(

anyway, There is a saying " you cannot always get what you want from life" ,

So, Cherish what you have! guys and girls, :D :D :D :D

I am afraid of being in a situation where I am not able to breathe. This manifests as freaking out when someone touches my throat and being very uncomfortable in elevators and sometimes very crowded places. I don't know of any traumatic situations in my past that would have triggered this, but I do notice that it's worse when I'm stressed out. God willing, I'll never need an MRI.

I'm scared of myself sometimes.

No, seriously, being alone (in the 'no friends and no family'-sense of the word).

Cheers

I'm scared of money. Those ugly ugly things! They frighten me so! I'm afraid of waking up and find my bed covered with them!

(Billy-O, sending me some money this Christmas? My address is...)

ds

watercrystal said:
Fear of being rejected, fear of being criticized, fear of departure from the beloved, fear of being a loser of life
I'll go with that list and add some more. Fear of physical pain, bugs, small rooms, large empty rooms... Can't really think of more but there probably are.
Its a wonder I ever get out of my apartment.

Wow, this is interesting to me.

Two weird little fears I have are

1.) choking on a pretzel while laughing (so I do not eat pretzels in company). When George Bush choked on the pretzel, I was like, "Yeah, I KNOW about that." The only thing we have in common, perhaps.

2.) The way that corned beef looks, with all its little pink segements with space and fat between. Gives me the creeps bigtime. (Think its called pickled beef in UK.)

A huge fear is reading my work in public, but I'm trying very hard to get over it. I read last year at the main NY public library, in the amphitheater, and was absolutely traumatized. I nearly fainted. Also, I have this terrible habit of telling everyone how scared I am, then my throat closes up and I lose my peripheral vision.

Back