• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What book are you?

steffee said:
A Greek folk hero, eh? You're at once brilliant and repugnant, Gem. Ulysses, ha ha, that's cool.
Yeah, the brilliant doesn't seem so brilliant when it's next to repugnant :( .

pmsl that bit about taking in the sights and sounds of the city made me laugh. ;)
:D that and wandering aimlessly, if it had also mentioned spamming then it would have painted a better picture of me than a camera would.

Aww Gem, you're just the brilliant part. :D

And what's this about spamming? Have you been spamming? Can I join in? :D

And what's this about spamming?
Me spamming? Perish the thought! I'm only here for the book discussions don't you know ;) .

(I think this is the current spamming thread ;) :D )

Blast it all...:

You're I, Robot!
by Isaac Asimov
While you have established a code of conduct for many generations to follow, your demeanor is rather cold and calculating. Brought up to serve humans, you have promised never to harm them, to follow orders, and to protect yourself. Living up to this code has proved challenging and sometimes even drives you mad. If you were a type of paper, you would be pulp.

Cold and calculating? Apparently I'm the plague of hell. Look out, I may turn on you.

Hmmmm.....

You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
by Douglas Adams
Considered by many to be one of the funniest people around, you are quite an entertainer. You've also traveled to the far reaches of what you deem possible, often confused and unsure of yourself. Life continues to jostle you around like a marble, but it's shown you so much of the world that you don't care. Wacky adventures continue to lie ahead. Your favorite number is 42.

I am The Gunslinger (or Roland Deschain) by Stephen King. See my image below:

Click Here to see image.

Now, will the real Confederacy of Dunces (by Toole) please stand up. I know your out there Ignacious.

You're: Babar the King!
by Jean de Brunhoff
Though your life has been filled with struggle and sadness of late, you're personally doing quite well for yourself. All this success brings responsibility, though, and should not be taken lightly. Life has turned from war to peace, from damage to reconstruction, and this brings a bright new hope for everyone you know. These hopeful people look to you for guidance, and your best advice to them is to watch out for snakes. You're quite fond of the name "Celeste".

Geeze I've never read any Barbar books.

Oh, but Barbar is an animal, and you're a vet, so it all fits. :D

Ha, can't you see why I do psychology. :rolleyes:

You're Lolita!
by Vladimir Nabokov
Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way, though you admit that this probably isn't the best and you're not sure what causes this desire. Nonetheless, you've done some pretty nefarious things in your life, and probably gotten caught for them. The names have been changed, but the problems are real. Please stay away from children.

Well, it's not like I do anything illegal with children, but parents usually consider me a bad influence. Other than that, it's pretty accurate.

I'm "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe".

Quite fitting actually, as I tend to talk to animals and get lost in my wardrobe!

You're Ulysses by James Joyce
Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared
to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do
understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once
brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in
the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you
additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.

brilliant yet repugnant? Talk about giving a compliment and then negating it in the same breath...:p

Back