• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What books have you read more than once?

Usually I don't read again a book even if I liked it so much, but over the years I made a few exceptions:
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
- The Dalai Lama's Book of Wisdom by Dalai Lama
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

I re-read my favourite books quite often when I get a chance to. I nearly always find something new to them that I hadn't noticed on previous readings.

I also tend to re-read familiar books when I need a comfort read or something that will not tax my poor brain too much!

I love reading new things, but there is something about going back to an old book that I just love.

The ones that spring to mind that I read the most are
The Lord of the Rings - Tolkien,
A Christmas Carol - Dickens (obviously re-read at Christmas time every year if it is possible!)
and
Harry Potter.

I'm sure I will think of loads more when I post this!

I've read loads of books more than once, also. If I liked a book, I'll think nothing of picking it up again... occasionally if I have really enjoyed a book I'll get to the end and then go straight back to the beginning to read it again :D

As I have posted here many times before: Im infamous for re-reading. My favourite book for re-reading, however, is my favourite book (go figure) Magician By Raymond E Feist...I think I've read it seventeen times now lol

My favourite book for re-reading, however, is my favourite book (go figure) Magician By Raymond E Feist...I think I've read it seventeen times now lol
Have you read the rest of the Riftwar Saga (I think that's the name of the series.. ?)? If so, what did you think of them?

I will not read more than one book at a time, but I have no problem re-reading.

The two I want to reread right now are my favorite Fear of Flying and The Life of Pi. Both were incredible, both made me think, both made me question a lot.

It kills me to think that if I had read another book along side of either of these, they would not have had the impact on me as they did.

Have you read the rest of the Riftwar Saga (I think that's the name of the series.. ?)? If so, what did you think of them?

:eek: you offend me!!! of course Ive read the Riftwar :D

Yes; you are correct It is called the Riftwar Saga (Magician, Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon)

As for what I think of them: The Riftwar is my favourite fantasy series of all time. Feist outdid himeslf with magician and therefore the other two do not compare to the masterpeice of fantasy, but nonetheless are amazing books. The Riftwar in my opinion was Feist's best work, in terms of his innovation, names, characters and dialogue. My second favourite peice of Feist's writing is in siverthorn (the first, of course, being the legendary Arena "temper tantrum"). I thought Feists work was deteriorating after the SerpentWar Saga *shudders, thinking of "Rise Of A Merchant Prince"* But his new series, The Darkwar, is showing his old writing style up again, in my opinion.

P.S. Eldest? me too.

Only a few,

Silas Marner
To Kill a Mockingbird
My Antonia
and I'm reading Fear of Flying again so Miss Jennifer and I can kick it around.

The House on the Strand by Daphne DuMaurier - I wanted to try and convert it into a screenplay but gave up in total frustration. Love the story though!

Re-read books

Bleak House, Little Dorrit, Hard Times, (yes I rather like Dickens..) Tom Jones, Vile Bodies, Forty Years On (play), The Importance... (play), lots of Shakespeare, Gullivers' Travels (unexpurgated versio:eek: n), 2001: A Space Odyssey, Catch 22, London Fields... probably a lot more than this. There are also some books I have read only once. And many more I haven't read at all but probably should. :)

As for what I think of them: The Riftwar is my favourite fantasy series of all time. Feist outdid himeslf with magician and therefore the other two do not compare to the masterpeice of fantasy, but nonetheless are amazing books. The Riftwar in my opinion was Feist's best work, in terms of his innovation, names, characters and dialogue.
Thanks for your input :) I wasn't sure if I should finish off the series after reading Magician but I think that I will pick up the rest now.

P.S. Eldest? me too.
What do you think of it? I think that his writing has matured a lot since Eragon, but I am still picking up flaws in his style. I find that he tends to state unnecessary things and be rather blunt at times where he could have let things be known in a more abstract way. It also seems to me as if he is chucking in all the things that he learnt at high school - a bit of a Bio lesson there, some Chemistry here - as if to press on the reader how much older and wiser he is now. Those bits just don't seem to fit into the story.
I'm liking the plot, though - I'm just over halfway.

There's very very few books I've re-read. This is because I see it as a sort of waste of a book, when I could have discovered a new one! I think it's also to do with the fact that I'm a very slow reader for a book lover so it seems like doubly a waste of time.
However, I have read Lord of the Rings 1 and 2/3 times because the 1st time I left it too long after finishing the 2nd book, so forgotten what had happened so started again.
A similar thing happened with 100 Days of Solitude - I left it too long and lost the thread so started again - glad I did!
The only book I've deliberately read again for the sheer pleasure of is THHGTTG series - they are so funny and rereadable.

I think I still haven't re-read a book , probably because I'm still pretty young so I remember them well :p (having read them pretty recently)

I have read some of the Harry Potter books more then once and I have also re-read a few series by Tamora Pierce. But now a days I have no time to re-read books. I have a list of 35 books I want to potentially read. The reason I re-read the books though was because they were really good and you always catch something new when you re read books.

I have read some of the Harry Potter books more then once and I have also re-read a few series by Tamora Pierce. But now a days I have no time to re-read books. I have a list of 35 books I want to potentially read. The reason I re-read the books though was because they were really good and you always catch something new when you re read books.

Amanda, my g'daughter likes both of those authors -- do you have any other suggestions for a thirteen year-old who likes Tamora Pierce?

Back