• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you hate most about writing?

...the thoughts that "there are already enough books in the world" and already enough people insane enough to sit down and write them... and shouldn't I be out doing something more meaningful than adding to the deluge of words words words that already exist?

...also the gripping feeling that no one will ever read what I write...

...most action requires deep forgetting...

I have this too...The sad thought that there's so much out there, what can I contribute?

I hate that I compare myself to others and sometimes don't trust my instinct.

I hate the insecurity connected to "is this good enough?" or even "is this what my voice really sounds like?"

what I hate most.....

What I hate most about writing is losing the flow I have from brain to fingers. Particularly if I've written a whole host of content ( two pagraphs or more ).
I want it to just go on and on and on forever. I like writing more than reading because to me; when I create a story; as I write it; it's all in real-time.

There's no foregone conclusion after the next comma; up ahead one more sentence or two paragraphs or a couple of pages down the line.

When I lose the flow; I begin to notice when things break down; I begin to get dissatisfied with the current sentence I'm writing; then look back a couple of words; re-arrange words from one place to the other; or I go find a thesaurus and replace words that have the same meaning or some other meaning ( even if it's obscure ) that can fit the flow.

probably the thing i hate most about writing, is getting about 50 pages in, having great ideas, then BANG nothing. i must have started about 10 different books but was unable to finish them because writers block :(

probably the thing i hate most about writing, is getting about 50 pages in, having great ideas, then BANG nothing. i must have started about 10 different books but was unable to finish them because writers block :(

Pick your fav and give it a go... sometimes it just takes a little while to sink in.

What I hate most about writing? Nothing. Except it's very hard to make a living writing what you want to write... :sad:

That's why we must simply enjoy the act...and hope for the best. You can't win if you don't play.

I think most people have a hard time finishing.... a lot of the actual publishing stuff is who you know... or have met. So I guess networking is important.

I think most people have a hard time finishing.... a lot of the actual publishing stuff is who you know... or have met. So I guess networking is important.

Finishing can be tough...but if you've done your prep correctly, have a good skeleton to hang your meat on (the outline), and enjoy the process, it comes naturally. Just like dying... :whistling:

You are SO RIGHT about publishing...and especially networking, which is the key---and the road most littered with potholes :eek:

I don't hate writing never ever, but sometimes when I can't write what I feel about or haven't the Appropriate words it will be the most thing I hate in writng.

I don't think I ever dislike writing.... there are some tedious parts but I see those as a welcome challenge

What I hate most about writing is......

........the publishing industry. For reasons I've already talked about on this website long ago. I've mellowed somewhat since then but that's not to say I have a positive opinion now. Far, far from it.

( In a galaxy far far away. )

Often what I write just plain sucks, and that's what I hate the most. For days now I've been trying to write a paragraph that would sum up the chilhood relationship that two crewmembers of a space vessel while growing up. I tried telling it by having one quip and inside joke that they had been throwing around since chilhood, they I just tried to write that they grew up together, then I tried to relate a chilhood experience that relates to the situation they are in now. No matter what I do, it sucks. I need something short and sweet to close out the chapter, I've been working on it for three days now, and nothing works.

post it here

if you're having trouble writing and would like help; the best suggestion is to post it on this and other websites and ask for it;

we'll give you the critique in general or line by line if necessary

Back