• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what do you think of my name?

stigmaticman said:
what do you think of my name? what's the possibilities? do you believe of the supernatural?

any questions?
just curious about why you picked it. i think about Catholicism and bleeding wrists.

yeah that was it

here's what I found> and it hits the mark
stigmata : marks on the body which resemble the wounds of the crucified christ.

does that help?

So Stiggy, where do you actually have the marks?
Your name makes me think of stigmata as you defined, but also the stigma attached, don't know if you meant that as well.
Also there is a condition (which I have) called astigmatism, which means the inside of your eye is too long and it distorts your vision - makes me think of that too.

my blooded mark is on my wrist (like spiderman's web-shooter;)
I was six years old, I found an arrowhead and ran home to show dad when I fell on an embankment and it pierced the flesh quite badly.

then I noticed I had a lone freckle on the back of my right hand.

other info is more of a secret between me and god, really it's just too long to talk about :)

Honestly, it kind of freaked me out.:eek: I thought you were some kid who was really into goth and who probably had "issues." Come to find out, you are just as maladjusted as the rest of us.;)

For some reason, Stig just doesn't strike me as a young kid into goth. If he were, he probably would have chosen something like Gothica or something immature. ^^

I like the name. It's unique. And the avatar's even cooler. Where'd you get that?

I have a pair of crease lines on each of my hands that exactly mirror the other. I am a Gemini, so the lines are kinda funny if you think about them as being twins. (I see weird things in the most boring of places.)

Come on, Stiggy, tell us. We have time.

Am I the only one who doesn't analyze people's names? When I first read your name I thought it said "statman" and thought you were in statistics, but then realized it wasn't statman and had no further thoughts.

I'm confused. In your profile it says you saw Jesus on the road to Damascus, which makes your name Paul? (I googled, I didn't actually know that - did you? Did anyone?). If your name is Paul, and you're wondering what we think of it, then cool. It's an okay-ish name, bit ordinary really, but four letters that aren't written together too offensively. No, actually, hang on... I like it. No, I really like Paul, as a name. I would like to be called Paul - if I were A: male, and B: able to name myself. Unfornately though, most of us (I say most of us, for I do know one person on this forum alone (and actually, only anyone from this forum - well you would have to be, wouldn't you? but yay for brackets within brackets, don't you think?) who named themselves). I'm not male either, though, and Paula is... well Paula is okayish too, but there are already two Paulas on this forum, and Pauline reminds me of Pauline Fowler (Wendy Richard plays her (in Eastenders), she's retired now though, and leaving at Christmas - now won't that be sad?), so I wouldn't like to be called Pauline. But aside from that, if your name is Paul, stigmaticman, then firstly, why are you so paranoid about it as a name (I mean, it's just pretty ordinary, really, wouldn't you agree?) and secondly, why is nobody talking about it? No prior posts mention the name Paul.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

If you mean your username, stigmaticman, then that's okay-ish too.

I recognized the name of Paul and sent him a pm about it because I thought that he was just asking like a quiz show or something. I didn't really think that it could be his real name because he was referring to someone who lived long ago. I guess I think that I don't think like everyone else. :D

Oh..........

I didn't think that Vesper. I thought if he saw Jesus on that road to Damascus, then he must be called Paul. Because he's asking what we think of his name. I think it's quite a vain question still, though... I mean, would you stand in the street and ask people what they think of your name? Okay, well I guess some people probably do... especially members of a book forum, who are certifiably insane, or at least I guess one or two of us must be, for there is something like 25% of the general population who are slightly (at least) psychologically unwell (oh hell, is that politically correct these days?), and we have more than three members. Scary though, huh? And who says readers couldn't be murderers, anyway?... anyway though, so I figured his name must be Paul. Maybe he's a very old Paul and he only feels so young. And besides, it's the internet, how do we know his age? Has anyone here met him? I haven't. But you know, maybe there was more than Paul who saw Jesus that day, have you thought of that? Maybe a Mathew, and a Luke and a Joshua, and all these other names of people saw him too. Hmmm. Which is the best of those names? Do you think there is anyone really named stigmaticman? I think this is a wind-up.

steffee said:
Because he's asking what we think of his name. I think it's quite a vain question still, though... I mean, would you stand in the street and ask people what they think of your name? Okay, well I guess some people probably do... especially members of a book forum, who are certifiably insane, or at least I guess one or two of us must be

I would like to state, for the record, I could not care less what anybody thinks about my username.

There is a British TV programme about cars, we have been watching called 'Top Gear'.
Each week they have a different well-known identity who has to do a timed lap on a racing track using the same car. They are coached by a guy called the Stig, who is a racing driver but no-one knows who he is as he wears a full-face helmet all the time. He also tests-drives the top-of-line dream-cars for speed and handling. Perhaps we've now discovered his identity?;)

Back