• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you think would be the toughest genre to write?

FireWithin

kickbox
Personally, I think that mystery would be hardest to write because of all the clues they leave without being obvious.

Romance. I couldn't write a sex scene in a book I knew my parents would read. Probably ridiculous, but there it is.:eek:

KristoCat said:
Romance. I couldn't write a sex scene in a book I knew my parents would read. Probably ridiculous, but there it is.:eek:

The same for me. I don't know if I could create sexual tension on paper.

Toughest genre to write?

Childrens Fiction.

By Far.

(And I'm not kidding; I truely believe writing for children would be toughest)

Romance would also prove difficult. I probably couldn't write sex without laughing. Maybe I'll give it a try some day.

sirmyk said:
I probably couldn't write sex without laughing.

This can actually be used to advantage. Some readers have a little discomfort or embarrassment about reading sex scenes, so adding a humorous moment gives them a chance to ease that through laughter.

Nothing's funnier than sex and laughter. Isn't that some kind of famous quote? Oh wait... death and taxes.

Definitely fantasy. Fantasy needs lots of imagination and consistency, in addition you want it a good piece of fantasy, not just a cheap idea, because after all everyone has imagination!

Historical fiction, heavy on the details, because it would be tough to get all the details right without mucking something up.

drama. i find it really tough to construct the characters' inner experience and the story in a dialogue that flows naturally. not to mention that there has also to be a general message conveyed through the lines. impossible for me to do it.

I would say criminals must be kinda hard, because everything must be so perfect and the murders must be great. I tried a few times, but I guess I'm not smart enough :p

Personally, I think that mystery would be hardest to write because of all the clues they leave without being obvious.

I concur. A story involving crime would be a challenge, to say the least. Not only in keeping the story interesting and unpredictable; I think researching police work could get tedious after a while.

Back