• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

I use NO bookmark, i have a small table next to my bed and i leave my books lying face down open to the page on it.

I stopped doing that because the paperbacks would not close back to the original position. I also damaged a large hardcover book by doing that, the glue binding broke away in one spot.

I use the bookmarks that Amazon sends with their books.

Ok, here's my bookmark. Unfortunately my cat likes it as well so I'll never let it stick out of my books. As soon as she sees it she grabs it.

aimg516.imageshack.us_img516_4489_40422505ll6.jpg

I fold occasionally when I'm desperate though I do hate it! I usually use whatever is at hand - receipts, scrap paper...memory though that is nto always reliable

I have a plethora of bookmarks--family and friends being aware of my voracious reading habit are kindness itself by finding it necessary to add to my 'bookmark coffers' at every opportunity. However, I tend to favour an embroidered cloth bookmark that once was the possession of my Great-Grandmother and several beloved bookmarks loving made by my children during their early school years.

I use the return date card when I read library books. Otherwise, it's any scrap of paper i can find. I really do need some decent bookmarks.

I stopped doing that because the paperbacks would not close back to the original position. I also damaged a large hardcover book by doing that, the glue binding broke away in one spot.

I use the bookmarks that Amazon sends with their books.

When did you get a bookmark from amazon? I've never gotten one with any of my orders. And I had some books come in today...

I'm using one of those bookmarks with a tassle hanging from it. It's of Sesshoumaru from the anime Inuyasha. Actually I've had this one for awhile, but never used it before.

I use one of my husband's business cards. But if it is in use in another book, then I will use any kind of card (debit, credit, CVS, insurance). I do have a few nice bookmarks that a friend sent me from Ibiza, however I don't use them often because I'm pretty hard on my bookmarks, and I want the ones from Ibiza to be pretty for a long time.

I think that a nice bookmark adds to the pleasure of reading. But since I'd hate to spend money on a bookmark, I make my own, with scraps of colored and textured paper, autumn leaves, etc.

I was wondering what everybody else use as a bookmark? Do some of you simply fold the corner of the page ?

That is a good idea.

I make my own Bookmarks, but not as creative as you.
I just make a Bookmark on Microsoft Publisher, put pictures or sayings, then print on stock paper.

I tend to just use the corner of the book as bookmark to be honest...I had quite a few bookmarks before but somehow they disappeared over the time :innocent:

Back