• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What ho!

Marge

Hi there :)

I'm Marge and I love books... I'm even having a go at writing a couple of stories myself.... I'm also a 34 year old Harry Potter fan and proud of it! :p Now I think about it I read a lot of adult books (Dumas, Tolstoy etc) when I was a kid :rolleyes:

Marge said:
Hi there :)

I'm also a 34 year old Harry Potter fan and proud of it! :p Now I think about it I read a lot of adult books (Dumas, Tolstoy etc) when I was a kid :rolleyes:

Hmm, and you come from oop North. Are you sure you're not me? :D Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome Marge!

I hope you brought enough orange creams for everyone. :D Your treats sound tasty indeed.

Happy to have you with us.

RaVeN

Martin said:
What is 'oop', some kinda funny way of pronouncing 'up'?

Cheers

Correct. It is supposedly the Northern way of pronouncing "up" - not that I say it like that, though. :)

that's right I am a Yorkshire Lass ... and I have a cooking site - erm... I'm in the process of redoing it and learning php is proving to be quite the learning curve. :rolleyes:

So when you were a child you read adult books but now that your an adult you read kid books? I can see your catching up on all the children books you missed lol.
Anyway, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here :)

Marge said:
that's right I am a Yorkshire Lass ... and I have a cooking site - erm... I'm in the process of redoing it and learning php is proving to be quite the learning curve. :rolleyes:
I've been to Yorkshire before. I went to York, Gothland and Whitby.

RainbowGurl said:
I've been to Yorkshire before. I went to York, Gothland and Whitby.

Is Gothland where all the Goths live? Sorry RainbowGurl, I just couldn't resist it! :) I've never been to Goathland, but I like York and Whitby.

Du du duu du Scarborough Fayyyrrreeee dudududu du dud dududu

Would be much obliged to anyone who can fill in the real lyrics :)

Are you goin' to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there, she once was a true love of mine

Tell her to make me a cambric shirt, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Without no seams nor needlework, then she'll be a true love of mine

Tell her to find me an acre of land, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Between the salt water and the sea strand, then she'll be a true love of mine

Tell her to reap it in a sickle of leather, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
And to gather it all in a bunch of heather, then she'll be a true love of mine

Are you goin' to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there, she once was a true love of mine

Simon and Garfunkel -- Scarborough Fair.

Cheers

Back