• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What is everyone reading?

leanda

Hi all
I thought it would be interesting to know what every one is reading at the mo?
Seeing as were all book lovers, I thought it would be interesting find out what sort of stuff we are all into, also a good way to find out what's out there.
I am reading Survival by Sir Marting Gilbert. It is a factual based book on holocaust survivors who tell there story in there own words.

Is anyone else reading this or anything like it.
Let me know what your all reading.

Leanda (There Are No Children Here)

There is a really long running thread that's similar you might like to have a look at or post to :)
It's called currently reading and is where members post what they are reading at the moment. It's pretty long so you can skip to the last page to have a look at what currant members are reading now :)

Any questions, just ask!

Reading:
" My Life" by Bill Clinton
"The Children" by David Halberstam
"Sophie's World" (can't remember the author and don't want to go upstairs to get the book, lol)
"Back When We Were Grownups" by Anne Tyler
"America, The Book" by Jon Stewart
"Lies and the Lying liars Who Tell Them" by Al Franken

Just ordered:
"Climbing Higher" by Montel Williams

Just finished:
"The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom
"I Capture the Castle"

Billy Oblivion said:
D'yageddit?

Currant -Raisin!!!!

Fucking hilarious!!!!!

Do I get an award?

Berry cute, Billy! ;) You win the Fruitiest Member Ever award!

I just finished my book, now im about on enbark on "A Boy Called It" by David Pelzer. I heard it's a bit of a tear jerker. Anyone heard of it?

Billy Oblivion said:
D'yageddit?

Currant -Raisin!!!!

Fucking hilarious!!!!!

Do I get an award?

Yes, you get a mould of my hairy arse! :D Just give your your postal address and i'll send it soon as ;)

leanda said:
I just finished my book, now im about on enbark on "A Boy Called It" by David Pelzer. I heard it's a bit of a tear jerker. Anyone heard of it?

My daughter Just read that one.She's just finished the second book.Lost Boy.
I also read that one when i was younger.It'ss really sad.The things that poor guy went through.There's a third book as well A Man Called Dave.She is starting that one.

They're tear jerkers, alright. There's a fourth one as well and I cannot remember the name of it. I haven't bought it yet.

Let me know what you think of it.

leanda said:

I've read it also, and it is very sad but also uplifting. I'm not going to put in any spoilers here, by the way. It's one of the only books I've ever taken an Oprah recommendation on. I saw an interview on her show with the author/victim, and his outlook on life is really inspirational. It really makes me consider becoming a foster parent in later life. I've put it back on my reading list to look for some of the subsequent books.

Yeah, I have, Ms.bookworm. :)
If you think "Sophie's World" was strange, try "The Solitaire Mystery". ;)

Thank you, Maya. I was thinking of checking out that book anyway. Think I'll go and see if I can scrape up a cheap copy somewhere. I see you live where "Sophie's World" took place.

Yes, I do. :)
Haven't meet him though, my sister has, so she got a signed copy of "Sophie's World".
I tried reading "Maya" last summer, but never got far, think I'll give it a try again next summer. ;)
Let me know what you think of "The Solitaire Mystery", when you come to read it. :)

Maya, just ordered "The Solitaire Mystery." Will let you know what I think of it. Still fighting my way through "Sophie." I will say this, this book has re-connected me with my interest in philosophy which I used to be really interested in. Alberto would think that is shameful; disconnecting with philosophy in any way, lol. I dug up an old phil. book I had in college and am re-reading it now. It's called "10 Great Philosophers." Personally I think the philosophers from Socrates era were fascinating. I would LOVE to meet this author; what did your sister think of him?

I am having philosophy at uni this semester, and I must confess, I really hate Immanuel Kant, it's difficult to really get him. He drives me nuts. I don't like Galilei either. Hume is a lot of fun though, I am not sure if I think that because of what I've read about him, or because the Professor that held the lecture about him was incredibly clever and in no way dull. :D

My sister said J. Gaarder talked a lot and was very nice and took time to talk with everyone, and was very cheerful. His clothes however, she wasn't likewise thrilled about. :eek: But she had great things to tell about him in person. :)

Im currently reading

Moll Flanders- daniel defoe
and Fear and Loathing in las vegas-Hunter s thompson :rolleyes:

Back