• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Is More Powerful?

What medium do you consider to have the most lasting effect?

• Written Word

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Pictures, Photos, Paintings

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Sweet topic bro.:cool:

Both!!.:D I'll go out on a limb and suggest photos when it comes to a person's gut feelings. When I think of things like 911, the pictures of what happened impaced me more than the written word or anything written about it since. There have been a ton of prize winning pictures that are just amazing-the execution of a Vietcong soldier by a South Vietnamese officer is one that comes to mind. When it comes to communicating ideas, the printed word is king. The first time you read a book in high school or college that opens your eyes or makes you think of the world differently, is something I believe we've all experienced at some point in time.

Wow - what a tough question! I had to go with the written word because I believe it to be more informative than the other choice, as long as the writer is adept. It can record not only what things looked like, but how it made people feel and think; something which is hard to do in the other mediums. I think that the written word provides a more detailed and comprehensive record of events, therefore making is more lasting and powerful.

I think you can convey more info with written word, but when I needed to show my wife how much money was being spent at the bar, the spreadsheet did nothing. The pie graph however did the trick.

Back