• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what is this book?

laciemn

kickbox
I'm looking for a book I read as a child. I'm 17 now, I'm not sure how old I was except that teachers referred to books as "chapter books."

The book is about a young girl and she has a little brother. I think the title might be something like A stitch in time or Threads in time or something like that. I've tried searching for those titles, but they are usually something else about history or quilting or something.

The reason I want to find this book is because I remember a scene a little bit. The girl was inside of someone's body somehow and interacted with germs. It's really fuzzy to me, I can barely remember anything. But I do remember that they kept talking about mitochondria. I had no idea what it was back then, but I remember this scene really changed the way I think for one reason or another. I just want to reread it to understand it better.

I'm sorry if this seems absurd, but I really did try to find it already.

Thanks for any response or consideration.

I'd go with the Madeleine L'Engle books, too. Either A Wrinkle in Time or The Wind in the Door. I know they talk about mitochondria in one of those.

Back