• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What magazines do you subscribe to?

I’m all about RSS feeds. I get hundreds. Atlantic is one of them, though Time and Newsweek are not. I don’t pay for any online subscriptions, though. Whatever the magazine puts online for free just has to do.

One magazine we get is Ranger Rick. My 17-year-old niece still loves it but has supposedly outgrown such things and doesn’t quite want to be seen with it at home; so we just happen to have it around when she visits. She devours it.

I also get Firsts. I’m told I look over the spreads of rare books more lasciviously than I look at Penthouse (which we also subscribe to--my guilty pleasure).

In our household of lit chicks, we subscribe to dozens of small literary magazines. They deserve the support. Actually paying for a subscription is the least we can do.

I’m all about RSS feeds. I get hundreds. Atlantic is one of them, though Time and Newsweek are not. I don’t pay for any online subscriptions, though. Whatever the magazine puts online for free just has to do.

What rss reader do you use?

Magazines: The ones with the good pictures: Private Pilot, Trains, Ship's Monthly. Then there's some others: Publishers Weekly (needs a design redesign; photos are far from the stories, didn't they learn that the picture of the author should be next to the column where they talk about 'em?), business stuff like Forbes, and wacky stuff like Home Power.

Between us, my husband and I subscribe to The Economist, Science, Nature, New Scientist, and Majesty. I pick up copies of Newsweek when the cover story looks interesting, but we've never got round to subscribing. I've also got some sort of online subscription-type access to Scientific American. I just need to figure out how it works...:confused:

Back