• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What new TV shows are you watching?

Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy are my 2 favorites. I also enjoy Medium on Monday nights.

Well, I was watching Commander In Chief, which was quite good until ABC mauled it to death - replaced the Exec Producer, dumbed it down, put that dweeb from the Canadian-teen-show-which-shall-not-be-named on as a major star, and now they're hiatusing it. And this was what they did to a show that had great critical and ratings success from the start. Are the networks actually trying to destroy themselves?

Was watching House until it became a victim of repetitive writing and Sela Ward's repellant personality.

Currently watching Boston Legal, which features William Shatner's indescribable weirdness (also James Spader's, when he's not caught up in yet another speech about the Bush administration)

i still need to give Medium a look. haven't seen that yet.

i saw the first few episodes of Commander in Chief and thought it was decent, but it had a time conflict with My Name is Earl for me, and Earl won.

House does get repetitive, but the biologist in me still loves it anyway. :D

Boston Legal i really do like a lot but never seem to catch it on for some reason. I'll have to make more of an effort on that front.

also, i caught the first few episodes of Courting Alex, and that's cute if anyone likes half-hour rom-coms.

I absolutely love Boston Legal. Maybe it's Shattner, or the fact that they are going to have some appearances by Magnum P.I. and that one McFly guy.:D

SFG75 said:
I absolutely love Boston Legal. Maybe it's Shattner, or the fact that they are going to have some appearances by Magnum P.I. and that one McFly guy.:D
Me too. But I keep missing it since it moved.....to what night, I think tuesday?

Shatner and Spader are priceless together. I didn't know Selleck was coming in....double Yay!:D :cool:

And of course Jack is Back....."24". :D

pontalba said:
Me too. But I keep missing it since it moved.....to what night, I think tuesday?

Shatner and Spader are priceless together. I didn't know Selleck was coming in....double Yay!:D :cool:

And of course Jack is Back....."24". :D

I hear that Alf is going to make an appearance as a para-legal.

Martin said:
Besides that I'm also watcing Prison Break, a relatively new show about, you guessed it, a prison break. Seen two episodes sofar and it looks to be entertaining.

I am watching Prison Break too. It must be very good because I hardly ever watch anything (other than Eastenders, of course :) ) on tv.

New shows I am watching:

Prison Break (comes back in a month :D)
House
Grey's Anatomy (watched last night; going to get the season one dvd's)
Veronica Mars (somewhat new; in its second full season)
Commander in Chief (watched the first five episodes and haven't watched since; second rate to The West Wing, in my opinion).

Not many other new shows I am watching; mainly old standbys that I have watched for several years and enjoy.

The OC is the only thing I tune in for.

I was a big fan of Lost and Desperate Housewives but they both lost me with the 2nd season.

Northern Lights. It's not exactly new though, even this series has been going for a few weeks now, but it's fab, so deserves a mention :D

And it has Robson Green in :D :D ;)

steffee said:
Doc Martin is fab! :)

Did you see William and Mary? I just fell in love with Martin Clunes on that programme - he was such a sweetie. He's turning out to be a very versatile actor.

CDA said:
I'm not watching anything anymore - just the news channels. Anything else tries my patience. It all sucks.

Have just read your blog - don't know how to put comments on it - Did you write the poem?

I'm watching Bones, even though there is nothing in common with the books other than the name of the character, House, Boston Legal, Stargate: Atlantis andTthe Ghost Whisperer (for light relief).
I tried to watch Commander in Chief, but only managed the first two episodes. Geena Davis just irritated the hell out of me. It seemed like she spoke through clenched teeth all the time, and her lips looked like she had half her butt pumped into them. As for the plot lines, it looked like a sort of invasion of the week show.

Back