• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What new TV shows are you watching?

'Everybody hates Chris'
'Bones'
'Stacked' **only whilst my girlfriend watched it....hehe

letterHead said:
I'm watching Bones, even though there is nothing in common with the books other than the name of the character,
Thats why I didn't start watching, I like the book series a lot, and didn't want to see something that clashed with the characters I know from the books.

Just about the only thing I go out of my way to watch is "24".

Isn't anyone else head over heels in love with Green Wing? For those of you who don't know what it is - imagine "Scrubs" (or hell, any comedy series set in a hospital) except without any patients on screen and with a sense of humour that might make the Pythons cringe. (If you've watched "Black Books" you'll recognize some of the tone.) Basically, this series will scare you away from hospitals for the rest of your life if you're squeamish. Every single person working at the hospital is either grossly incompetent, insane, or both. You've got doctors stealing the gall bladder from a patient while he/she is on the operating table, and then attempting to eat the evidence when discovered. You've got anesthesiologists turning off the beep from the heart monitors because it's interfering with his bragging about the women he's slept with. You've got hospital administrators sneaking good-looking coma victims out of the hospital to marry them. And somewhere beneath it all, you've actually got a couple of pretty cute love stories. Sick, hilarious yet at times oddly (not to mention inappropriately) touching.

The season finale of Big Love is on tonight. That is the only show I have been watching regularly, so I am sad to have nothing to watch now.

Season 2 premiere of Weeds tomorrow. I can't wait. Been re-watching season 1, and I still think it's one of the best series in years, with very well-drawn characters and a perfect mix of drama and comedy... people keep comparing it to "Desperate Housewives", personally I think it's closer to a suburban Showtime version of "The Sopranos". Anyone else watch it?

beer good said:
Season 2 premiere of Weeds tomorrow. I can't wait. Been re-watching season 1, and I still think it's one of the best series in years, with very well-drawn characters and a perfect mix of drama and comedy... people keep comparing it to "Desperate Housewives", personally I think it's closer to a suburban Showtime version of "The Sopranos". Anyone else watch it?
I've just started watching this show! Been watching the repeats also....it's really great! Although I've still missed a few and I was hoping to get the whole story before it started up again, but I guess not.

The new season of The Ultimate Fighter starts Thursday. :D I can't help it that I'm addicted.

...and when does Grey's Anatomy start again?! *sigh* I really miss that show.

I've recently been watching Veronica Mars because Veronica is just beautiful and has a great personality. But I saw a clip of her with this puppet, and I was like, What??

http://date.heyfash.com

What is she doing with this puppet called Fash? Did she choose him or did he choose her for this date? I do like the car he's driving. But I wondered how he can drive it so slick when he's so small. Maybe it's Magic.

Since we are into a new tv season, it would be interesting to see what you are into this year, especially with the crop of new shows. As for me, these are the new shows that I am currently watching:

• Brothers and Sisters
• Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
• Ugly Betty
• Men in Trees

It isn't much, but it keeps my schedule full and I will see how the next half of the season evolves, especially with some of the shows going on hiatus for a few months after the Christmas Break.

As far I am aware of these shows are going on hiatus as of January, at least until March:

• Lost
• Prison Break (boo!)
• ER (NBC is putting a new show into the slot for about 10 or so episodes)

Anyone else watching Dexter? I just saw the first two episodes and it looks really promising... so far I'm not sure if that's because of what's actually happened or because the general plot (serial killer who works for the police tracks and kills other serial killers, which I suppose makes him a serial serial killer killer) is just pretty damn cool. But Michael C Hall and Julie Benz are two of my favourite TV actors, and they're great together so far...

Anyone else watching Dexter? I just saw the first two episodes and it looks really promising... so far I'm not sure if that's because of what's actually happened or because the general plot (serial killer who works for the police tracks and kills other serial killers, which I suppose makes him a serial serial killer killer) is just pretty damn cool. But Michael C Hall and Julie Benz are two of my favourite TV actors, and they're great together so far...

Yes! Have watched the entire series here in the US. The finale is next Sunday night. Its definitely one of the most inventive, creative shows on television. Its dark and hilariously funny at the same time. Michael C. Hall is phenomenal as Dexter, the serial killer who only kills other serial killers and Julie Benz is authentically annoying as his whiney and demanding cop sister. Its a great show. And Showtime has renewed it for another season!

my t.v.

So, nobody caught any of the 3 episodes of Smith? CBS cancelled it after three episodes, when I thought it was doing great! Anybody else on Smith?

Also, another CBS flop, which I really enjoyed and thought it would do well also was "Twenty Good Years"....did anybody catch that one while it lasted?

Some of the shows that I watch, one of which is a new one, "30 Rock" is absolutely hilarious. My favorite return shows from last season of course are as follows:

Desp Housewives
the OC
2 and a half men
Old Adventures of New Christine (My favorite I think)

Anybody watching Real World Denver on MTV?

Julie Benz is authentically annoying as his whiney and demanding cop sister.
Point of order - Julie Benz plays his girlfriend. (At least in the episodes I've seen so far!) Though I can understand how you'd make the mistake, since there's only one thing wrong with the (magnificent) opening credits; no names-to-faces thing.

Between Weeds, Masters Of Horror and Dexter, Showtime has almost made up for cancelling Dead Like Me.

Point of order - Julie Benz plays his girlfriend. (At least in the episodes I've seen so far!) Though I can understand how you'd make the mistake, since there's only one thing wrong with the (magnificent) opening credits; no names-to-faces thing.

Between Weeds, Masters Of Horror and Dexter, Showtime has almost made up for cancelling Dead Like Me.

Oops, my bad. Thanks for the clarification. So Julia Benz is Rita? Well, its a superb cast all around! I'm still fuming over the loss of Dead Like Me. At least Mandy Patinkin has a hit with Criminal Minds. Wonder what has happened to the rest of that cast?!

Anybody else following Drive? I figure with all the Firefly fans here, the idea of Tim Minear directing a series with Nathan Fillion in the lead role would at least appeal to some. 4 episodes in it's not (yet) great, but it has potential: some very interesting characters, a plot that can delve a lot deeper than it has so far, plus... hey, Dodge Challenger. A little action, a little drama, a little violence, a little fun.

(It also has awful ratings, and after Wonderfalls, The Inside and Firefly it would be a shame to see yet another Minear series cancelled by Fox before it gets off the ground...)

Am currently watching Peep Show and bloody loving it! Is it wrong that I sometimes recognise some of my own thoughts in these two guys? (seeing as I'm female and deluding myself that I'm normal)

Back