• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What 's your favourite book character?

Rogue said:
Yossarian out of Catch22 - Joseph Heller
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Absolutely, love Yossarian in Catch 22, but bizarrely couldn't stand him when he reappears in Closing Time - felt disappointed that he didn't actually make it like Orr did, like he'd sold out or something....

Also love Death in anything by Terry Pratchett....

Miles Teg and Duncan Idaho from the Dune book(s). Oh and Leto II, I think he's awesome, especially in God Emporer, much more interesting than his poncy dad.

Bilbo from The Hobbit! He is such a great character and he developes into a strong little hobbit. That is what I like about the book was the character development.

My favourite charcater(s)

That would be....

Elizabeth in 'Pride and Prejudice'
Dominique in 'The Fountainhead'
'Scout' in 'To Kill A Mocking Bird'.

and the list goes on.......... ;)

I absolutely love R.P.McMurphy out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Also Hank or Henry Chinaski is a favorite of mine, which is of course actually Charles Bukowski himself ;)
I would say The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series has the best "ensemble cast" i would say. It's filled with hilarious and absolutely wonderful characters.

Koroviev, from "Master and Margarita" (Bulgakov)
Fess, from "Diamond sword and Wooden sword" (Perumov).
I don't know was it translated or not.
So this are my favourite characters.

Um currently my favourite characters are

Bartimaeus - The Bartimaeus Trilogy
Fermin Romero de Torres - The Shadow of the Wind

I can't think of any others. Hang on...

The Spook - The Spooks Apprentice

Burrich from the Farseer/Tawny Man trilogies
Rorschach from Watchmen
Salvor Hardin from Foundation
Master Yupa from Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa

mojo said:
Absolutely, love Yossarian in Catch 22, but bizarrely couldn't stand him when he reappears in Closing Time - felt disappointed that he didn't actually make it like Orr did, like he'd sold out or something....

I didn't particularly enjoy any of Heller's other books besides Catch 22

My fave characters would be Milo from Catch 22 and K from Franz Kafka's "The Castle"

majormajor said:
My fave characters would be Milo from Catch 22

Milo's in Closing Time as well, Yossarian's gone into business with him and the two of them are very rich after the war....Major Major's not your favourite then ? :p

Back