• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What should my mom bring me from London?

Ashlea

My mom is going to London in a few weeks and intends to buy my birthday present there. What should I ask for?

Apart from a few magazines, I can get everything I want (decent tea, Hob Nobs, clotted cream) at the import store here.

Since she's my mom, she won't get anything bad for me, so Scotch and cigars are out. Not that I would ask my sainted mother to illegally import Cuban cigars. ;)

Any ideas?

OH ASHLEA!!

I know it's not really a birthday preasent but you must ask her to get you some jaffa cakes! They are small sponge cakes coverd in chocolate with a tangy orange centre. They are great! They are my fave!!! You get about 10 in a box so you should buy about 5 boxes! :D

Also, she could also pick me up and bring me back to Texas. I am house trained and I will be quite happy sending the rest of my days in your library :D lol

Regards
Wabbit

How about London Bridge?? Oh, what ... you wanted Tower Bridge!! ;)

Whenever i go to America i get a suitcase full of Oreos to bring back, so i know where you are with the hobnobs thing!

Mmmmm, jaffa cakes!! Soooo good!! Also Jammie Dodgers - biscuits with a layer of jammy stuff stuck between them - yummy!!

Phil

PS: If your Mum has room can she bring us all back to live in your library? I hear its hot in Texas this time of year ... well, every time of year really! :p

Originally posted by R.J.
The Crown Jewels?

:p

If you only knew what that was slang for in London... I really would not advise her mother to get THOSE! lol

*silly grin* :D

Regards
Sillywabbit

It's just starting to warm up here, the weather will be in the 60s and 70s for a bit. It's the right time to visit.

That being said, you probably won't fit in Mom's suitcase. She is quite the shopper and I'm sure will fill up every nook and cranny. She is most excited about visiting Harrods. If she brings home any Princess Di stuff I will puke.

They don't sell Oreos there? Travesty!

Originally posted by SillyWabbit
If you only knew what that was slang for in London... I really would not advise her mother to get THOSE! lol

*silly grin* :D

o_ô

I guess I should have known! Here we say "the family jewels".

Okay, I'll stop mussing up Ashlea's thread with gutter talk! :eek:

Back