• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What sports are you into?

I play badminton. I swim well, play pingpong and pool (but I suck at those 2).

I watch all types of sports, but my favourites are badminton, tennis (women's tennis and Roger Federer only), football (MU!!!).

ds

If I lived in the 'States, I would be a jock:

PLAY/DO: Pretty much anything, but especially Hockey (field hockey), Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Swimming, Water Polo, Kung Fu, Cricket, Football (all codes, although I don't really understand rugby), Aerobics... the list goes on.

WATCH: I'll watch almost any sport - especially if I have a book in my hand that I can look up from now and then to check the score/see the replays. I *Love* the Olympics - I'll watch pretty much everything, with the exception of the marathon and badminton (unless Australia is featured). The only sports I can't get into watching are basketball, baseball and motor racing sports - F1 is okay for a bit (so long as I have a book in my hand that I can look up from when there's a crash :D ), but Nascar??? Holy - that's a load of crap: "Look, I can turn left!". I also like wrestling, as in the WWE stuff (don't laugh - it's like a soap opera with athleticism!).

Football (Real football not the bodyarmor type :)).
I like to play and watch football, but other than that i'm not really interested in sports.

I was a competition swimmer for most of my girlhood. Still get woozy when I smell chlorine.

I prefer ocean swimming, surfing, body surfing.

Also, with my son I play frisbee and tennis. All the men in my family abhor team sports, so I grew up doing the individualist sports with them.

I like to bicycle long distances on flat ground, but I live on a mountain, so that's not always convenient. Walk down the mountain, walk back up.

Also x-country skiing, which is great near my house. And I used to skateboard but I hurt my back doing it, so gave that up.

Like drinking with and teasing my family members, which is almost a contact sport.

For spectating, I like to watch the NY Mets, like to hear about the NY Yankees taking a beating, like Formula 1 in the company of ardent fans.

Used to watch the sheep trials on TV in England. What a strange culture that little island in the Atlantic has!

Lets see ...

Have my AOWD - would like to take speciality courses, ultimately becoming a master but would need to do my Rescue first.
Mushing
Bikejoring
Skiing
Polo (at uni - would like to start up again when I have the funds)
Eventing

Hoping to have a go at skijoring next year (if I can persuade Phil :rolleyes: )

Used to play football and still like to watch it :)

Kookamoor said:
but Nascar??? Holy - that's a load of crap: "Look, I can turn left!".

I watch NASCAR,but just after hubby drag me in Michigan to watched the real action
I also like wrestling, as in the WWE stuff (don't laugh - it's like a soap opera with athleticism!).
--regardless of what they say regarding this "sports", but I enjoy the story sometimes and the twist as well,and by the way,next week,they will be in Europe. :)
other than that,I also watch Football (Go Dallas!),Tennis (I luv Andre Agassi)

then I play, but not an expert

Bowling
Golf
Swim
Biking
Running
Track & Filed (way back in hs)

I enjoy most sports and played high school basketball and Legion baseball in my younger days. I enjoy watching most sports and am a fan of auto racing. We once had a team that raced in the Trans Am Series.

I love watching baseball, and don't mind watching the occasional (American) football game. As for doing things, I like walking, snowshoeing, the occasional kayak or hike, and Wiffleball. :D

Stewart said:
Over here we have something similar. It's called netball. Girls play it.

Ok, so you've established that the UK is full of girls (lucky you). What sports do you play, Stewart?

Back