• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What sports are you into?

audreybee said:
Me too! I'm a big-time Duke fan, but I also love UNC and Wake Forest.

Can someone explain to me the attraction to college basketball/football rather than professional leagues? I have never understood this.

Can someone explain to me the attraction to college basketball/football rather than professional leagues? I have never understood this.
For me, I feel like college basketball is more real. Now, I know that tons of money is spent on all kinds of sports, both college and professional. But I have never agreed with the exorbitant salaries that professional players and their owners make.

I'm not competitive. I don't like playing any kind of sport for competitive reasons. I like to swim and sail, but only for fun. I try to jog to stay in shape. I like to play soccer, but only because I like running around kicking the ball. I am a die hard Red Sox fan (obviously) so I like to watch Sox games.

novella said:
like to hear about the NY Yankees taking a beating.

We have something in common. Did you hear they just hired some quack to make them feel good about themselves? I think the $208 million they earn annually should make them feel good enough. No??

audreybee said:
For me, I feel like college basketball is more real. Now, I know that tons of money is spent on all kinds of sports, both college and professional. But I have never agreed with the exorbitant salaries that professional players and their owners make.
--same reason why my husband prefer the NCAA than NBA, NCAA player deserved the scholarship they got for playing basketball,while most of the NBA players is overly paid.Btw, he is a Tar Heel Fans (so,do I ), he was so happy when they won the title last month.

I also feel like college basketball is more about the sport. I mean, if you're gonna pay me millions of dollars to play a sport, yeah I'm going to play it. These kids are out there playing because they earned a scholarship and they've proved that they can play, they seem to have a different love of the game rather than the older professionals who have been paid millions of millions of dollars over the years. I'm an SIU Saluki fan (I'm starting there in the summer...I guess I have to be) and I'm a huge fan of Illinois!!!!! (Partly because Bruce Weber was our coach before he left to go to Illinois... :-( very sad for us, but great for Illinois).

I have been a baseball and football watcher basically all my life. Born & raised outside of Boston MA on RedSox/Patriots-a requirement in our family! I watch every Sox game thats on and during football season no housework or anything gets done on Sunday or Monday night.

My son is a football fan and my daughter has become a major RedSox fan. Her biggest thrill was seeing them win last season in Fenway 9/25/04! :D :D

I also like watching my daughter play high school tennis.

I hike, roller-skate, play frisbee, swim-much too uncoordinated for team sports! :)

i've never been much of a competitive sports person, i swim and lift weights, but this summer i signed up for co-ed non-competitive softball(the beer league) and i am so excited. i think it is going to be a ball(no pun intended).

Back