• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Type of Book?

courtney.

Hello,

When I was a kid, I remember reading a type of book that when you read to a certain point in the book, you can answer a question & according what answer you gave to that question was which path to take in reading that book so that you would have different outcomes in the story. Does anyone know what type of book that I am talking about?

yeah i remember those, they were pretty cool, in mexico the series was named "escoje tu propia aventura", which means choose your own adventure, which sounds pretty much descriptive.

i just made a search in amazon and they are called the same in english for example i think i had this one

Yeah, I remember those - "Choose your own adventure"! Only I would generally go back and read all the other options, too.

You know, this style probably affected video games later on.

Those books cheated. :mad:
Ashlea said:
You know, this style probably affected video games later on.
I read an interview not so long ago with a games designer who said exactly that. He read the books as a kiddie and wanted to bring the choices into his games so they weren't so very linear. Can't remember who it was now though.

Back