• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what we look like.

jenn

this is more a comment than a question.

i don't know about you all, but i have these images of what you all look like. ( those of you i chat with regularly) a picture formed maybe from something you said, or what i've read in a profile, or by your name etc.. now what dawned on me earlier today, is that i imagine most of you as the same ethnicity as me. now of course i know this can't be true this is an international forum. but it was a curious discovery about myself. i was surprised at how ethnocentric i was.

I usually go by where people say they are from, but if I don't know that, then I'll just imagine that they are same ethnicity as me. I guess its normal to think of others based on how you are.

hay82 said:
I usually go by where people say they are from
That doesn't always work anymore... Damn multiculturalist societies! ;) I'm very much like jenngorham in that my mental picture of people is pretty "standard".

that's a cool thing to think about, but to be honest i don't really picture them, okay i do, but not with specialities, not like haircolor, or eyecolor... hmm.. hard to describe

I thought the avatars did a pretty good job. Martin is a little green man, right? And Hay is a giant eyeball. What more do you need to know?

But what about the people that don't have avatars?

They simply don't exist.

I should've known!

novella said:
I thought the avatars did a pretty good job. Martin is a little green man, right? And Hay is a giant eyeball. What more do you need to know?

hahaha see i don't picture you as a pink panther however you i do think of you with wiggling eye brows and a theme song. :D

honeydevil said:
that's a cool thing to think about, but to be honest i don't really picture them, okay i do, but not with specialities, not like haircolor, or eyecolor... hmm.. hard to describe

see i do, for some of you. and others, like stewart for example i have a friend named stewart, so irrational as it may be , he is a tall blonde guy with curly hair.
and moto looks like my neighbour rob. no clue why.

oddly silly wabbit is in my mind a bouncing blue rabbit. he is the only one i associate with their avatar.

jenngorham said:
hahaha see i don't picture you as a pink panther however you i do think of you with wiggling eye brows and a theme song. :D

My theme song is a lot like the one from Get Smart. How did you know?

Ell said:
So Jenn, which one is more like you? Calvin or your first avatar?

haha
well my first avatar was not my choice. my husband signed me up on the forum, hence the lack of originality in my name, i would have picked something far more mysterious ;) and he chose that avatar ; bubbles is favourite character on trailer park boys. and then calvin i liked because he moves like martin's or silly wabbits.
so really i am like neither.

i always picture you with long dark hair and dark eyes. wearing birk's but that would be a stereotype as you are in vancouver. :D

novella said:
My theme song is a lot like the one from Get Smart. How did you know?

you just strike me as someone who needs a theme song when you enter a room. more of an announcement to those who are about to be in your company.
i also imagine you wear glasses and wear your hair up in a clip.

jenngorham said:
haha
well my first avatar was not my choice. my husband signed me up on the forum, hence the lack of originality in my name, i would have picked something far more mysterious ;) and he chose that avatar ; bubbles is favourite character on trailer park boys. and then calvin i liked because he moves like martin's or silly wabbits.
so really i am like neither.

i always picture you with long dark hair and dark eyes. wearing birk's but that would be a stereotype as you are in vancouver. :D

yeah aviators are cool, so i can't help it but when i really have to picture you and think about it, you have long blond hair and blue to gray eyes!! :D

jenngorham said:
Nah, I wear Mephistos - much more comfortable. You're right about the hair and eyes - 'cept my hair isn't as dark or as long as it used to be. ;)

honeydevil said:
yeah aviators are cool, so i can't help it but when i really have to picture you and think about it, you have long blond hair and blue to gray eyes!! :D

hahahahah that's so cool, but not even close.
i think you posted somewhere that you have blonde hair, but i think of you with the meg ryan hair cut from you've got mail and a petite frame. but i also know you have a little thing for billy o :D , so i always think you wear red lipstick.

jenngorham said:
hahahahah that's so cool, but not even close.
i think you posted somewhere that you have blonde hair, but i think of you with the meg ryan hair cut from you've got mail and a petite frame. but i also know you have a little thing for billy o :D , so i always think you wear red lipstick.

:D hmm... sorry i have a hard time to pull myself together!!
tell me how you really look!!
and who is you fav. actor??

i have shoulder length curly dark brown hair, i'm average height, a little chubby but in the best way and i have green eyes.

so i was wrong about you then?

my fav actor?
i really like jude law and joaquin phoenix. i love gwyneth paltrow and julianne moore.

Back