• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Would You Do?

Scratchy

Imagine spending the last 4 years in a foreign country, and that you now have 2 more weeks in that country before heading off home for good. How would you spend those last 2 weeks and what would you do to fill up the time that would otherwise be spent sulking in depression?

Suggestions please people... I'm running out of time...

Go see and do all the things you meant to do, but were too busy to get around to.

Go to your absolute favourite places and take pictures of them and your friends. Go to your favourite restaurant for a favourite meal.

Do all the above with the people who mean the most to you.

Thanks for the suggestion Ell, but somehow, it made me more depressed, LOL! Yeah, am currently drawing up a list of things to do and your suggestions were on the list. Started this thread in the hopes that you guys would be able to provide me with zany, crazy suggestions (fyi: a level up from running through the streets naked) to add on to the list.

Was thinking of doing one "out of the blue" / "would not normally do under normal circumstances" thing per day. So I basically need another 20 things to fill up my time here... :D

Yeah, but you'd be even more depressed when you got home if you didn't do those things. :D

Don't know about zany & crazy. What country are you in? If it's the Netherlands, I'm sure Martin could think of something.

OK, how about this: ask your friends there to surprise you with something you wouldn't think of doing yourself?

i had a huge party and invited all my friends and neighbours and had a take what you want party. really saved time on clean up later. people cleaned me out. and i took heaps of pics and did the guest book address email list thing and also proceded to get way drunk.
and then i did what ell recommends cause my god i would kill for some yakimanju now and am so glad i went there that one last time.
sniff sniff.

As fun as that party sounds, I'd be too paranoid about people taking me books away while I lay in a drunken stupor! :) And besides, I'm leaving everything except my clothes, shoes and books to my partner.

I'm currently residing in Wellington New Zealand, Ell. The only zany thing I could think of was to put bubble bath solution in this fountain that's in the middle of town (with me in it) and take lots of photos. Was thinking of busking as well.

Any more ideas? Help!

Find the one girl you've seen many times in those years, but never had the chance/guts/whatever to address.

Kiss her.

Then leave.

Cheers

Be extremely careful not to sleep anymore than absolutely neccessary to remain realitively functional, and at least once try to stay awake for an entire 24 hours making damn sure I saw the sun rise, and the sun set.

Chances are good if you've been there 4 years the things you've missed happen when your usually sleeping. Finding something really unique in those last days would be really cool.

Martin said:
Find the one girl you've seen many times in those years, but never had the chance/guts/whatever to address.

Kiss her.

Then leave.

Cheers
oh that is sooooooo romantic i love it.

yes brothel's too, are dead romantic. ooh the romance on this thread. if the others only knew. it must be that valentines is around the corner.
lol. :D

Aaaarrrggghhh! Valentines! With all the hussle and bussle of getting packed and organising last minute stuff, I've forgotten all about the ultimate day of romance (/comsumerism? :)) Great. Another pressurising factor to make the most of my time here... Thanks, jenngorham. :D

Had a great idea hit me while on the bus the other day: no. 8 on my list of crazy things to do is to draw a HUGE effusive goodbye "card" on the sidewalk in middle of town with chalk. That should be worth a few laughs...

Scratchy said:
Imagine spending the last 4 years in a foreign country, and that you now have 2 more weeks in that country before heading off home for good. How would you spend those last 2 weeks and what would you do to fill up the time that would otherwise be spent sulking in depression?

Suggestions please people... I'm running out of time...
I would explore and have fun while I have the time.

Back