• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Whats up?

undone_33

kickbox
Hey Everyone! I join this site to hopefully gain insight on the best books to read. I really hope to read books that change my life. And for the ones I dont understand, I hope to discuss here. Thanks!

:D

Welcome to the board!. Interesting book that you're reading. I have to say that I enjoyed it more than The Fountainhead. Dagny's brother was collectivist sissy if there ever was one.:p I also enjoyed the part about Mexico nationalizing the rail line, horrifying all the "we have to help the people" fools who then lost a ton of money in the process. Rand does a wonderful job of lampooning collectivists as Dreiser and Sinclair do of lampooning the industrialists.

Have you checked out the Ayn Rand Institute website? They do have some interesting material there. I'm not an objectivist myself, just passionate about economics and the like.:D

Well i really dont know alot about rand, but i have checked out the site. Ive actually always loved books in general, but i just decided to get into some serious reading and i bought up like 20 books to read through and i have a list that ive been working on that contains probably like 60 more, or maybe im exaggerating, i really just cant exactly remember. its just alot. i posted it as a thread somewhere, i think it was called "help me add to the greatest books ever". check it out and make some suggestions if you'd like! thanks for the greeting, i really appreciate it. i could definitely use a guide while choosing books to read, etc. Thanks again!

Back