• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's Wrong with This Picture?

and not only did she allow her own daughter to be hurt, but the dd's friend as well..Sheesh!
And I'm accused of being overprotective when I want to know my kids's friends AND their parents..

There was a case like that last year involving a 9-year-old and the mayor of Hartford, CT. The mother 'set them up,' at the mayor's request. He's probably in jail now.

You really like saying 'egad', don't you?

That article is just horrible. Lock her up for good.

Cheers

That story is disgusting and sad. It's scary that there are so many bad parents out there.

I hate being an over protective parent but I have heard of to many bad things happening with friends, so I always have the kids to my house. Actually Sat. night is going to be my son's first sleep over and I've known the boy and his parents for 2 years. I'm still a bit nervous about it so they invited me come and have dinner there too and get him settled in.

Yep, that's too bad.

But please let me tell you a short story.
Many-many years ago, when I'd still being a good looking young student, and returned to Moscow after a week or two spent on the Crimea sea side, a woman of about 40 came to the railroad compartment in which I sat with my friends. She told us she were an aunt of a 16 year old girl who wanted to live in Moscow, but couldn't have afforded that. So wouldn't one of us be kind enough to get her girl to live with him in Moscow? The girl were not a virgin anymore, and she could do marvels in a kitchen, so she could be quite pleasant to have by... Naturally we wanted to see the girl, and the woman promptly invited her. She was quite good looking. She sat with us for some time, but then her aunt came and took her, as some older man in our train offered to have her living with him.

Zolipara said:
Some people should not be allowed to have kids.

yet, sadly, anybody can reproduce....

martin: yes. yes, i do like to say egad....does that bother you?

well, martin, i dunno what to tell ya...except this shit is bananas and there's nothin' i can do about it!!

Kookamoor said:
Yikes!! What kind of 'aunt' would do that!?

Yep, that's bad, but I imagine that the aunt could be a real aunt after all, and her intentions could have been good. Just try to visualise how drab could be life in some Gor-forsaken place very far away from anyplace where life is, and the woman became so desperate, she could not but think about this one way to give a teenager a try at a new start. And to live for some time with somebody could be bad, but could be not, and easier than to start completely on your own - without money, connections, friends...
I've thought about it for some time... Sometimes we, who live in big cities, or not so big, but with many things that our civilization could give us, cannot understand how it is to live in a wooden hut that wind blew through the cracks in the wooden logs and you have to get buckets to collect water under a leaky roof when raining, when to be warm in winter you have to burn your chimney 20 hours a day, and there is no work other then to care for the domestic animals, and there is no healthy young people about, and all young boys are already drunks.
And in her time my wife got to Moscow from a very small city to be found only on some maps. She has done it all on herself, but she had some money, and she really came to study... Not all are so lucky.

So, sometimes a person thinks he/she is doing good to others, but it is not so. But again, it is not always easy to understand everything at the first glance.

You make a very good point, Sergo. Sitting here in my nicely air conditioned office it's easy to think that such actions would be wrong. But if it was the only way to ensure that your loved one would survive and prosper in the long run, one's definitions of right and wrong change somewhat.

Kookamoor said:
You make a very good point, Sergo. Sitting here in my nicely air conditioned office it's easy to think that such actions would be wrong. But if it was the only way to ensure that your loved one would survive and prosper in the long run, one's definitions of right and wrong change somewhat.

Thanks. At my age one has to look at things from many angles.

Back