• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's Your Favorite X-Mas Song?

I like the tunes from The Snowman, they seem very calm and relaxing :eek:

I also like the song called Santa Baby? Something like that.

Choosing just one is not possible. Silent Night and O Holy Night are so moving, and I love What Child Is This(even though I catch myself morphing Greensleeves into this cherished hymn:rolleyes: I also love some more modern tune..It doesn't feel like Christmastime til I hear the original Feliz Navidad, and I love Mark Lowry's Mary Did You Know and Rich Mullins' You Gotta Get Up Its Christmas Morning. Another moldy oldy favorite is a song that was recorded in 1965 by Sonny James: Barefoot Santa Claus..http://musicalfruitcake.com/2007/04/17/sonny_james_-_barefoot_santa_claus/

Modern tunes, huh... Mariah Carey seemed to have done a good job with her Christmas album oh so long before she became weird.

ds

"O Holy Night" by Nat King Cole, Anything by Nat. Christmas bell sung by a large choir with a good soprano. Just a few because theres just to many.:p

"So here it is, Merry Christmas" by Slade. Christmas does not truly begin until you have heard this on the radio for the first time in December. Preferably at high volume :D

1 CD with the same song sung by different people/groups - O Holy Night.
My wife loves it! :rolleyes:

But I still like the Little Drummer Boy - Since the days of my boyhood.

It has to be Fairytale of New York by the Pogues featuring Kirsty MacColl. Absolute classic. That and Band Aid Do They Know it's Christmas. Oh and also Chris Rea - Driving Home for Christmas.

So many – Fairytale of New York, as already mentioned. In Dulce Jubilo, assorted carols, but particularly Silent Night and Come All Ye Faithful (I love the descant) – and honestly, who can resist Bing and White Christmas?

Back