• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's Your Favourite Roald Dahl Book?

lucylou

I still have all mine from when i was young and i LOVE Georges Marvelous Medicine!!
Very Closely followed by Revolting Rhymes!!

Even though I haven't read it in years, The BFG was my favourite when I was a child. I also loved The Witches, The Twits, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The Witches was my very favourite, but I also loved George's Marvellous Medicine, James and the Giant Peach, Revolting Rhymes and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

definitely matilda. i LOVED the film too. i used to be obssessed with roald dahl when i was younger.

My favourite was Matilda too. I suppose I identified with her loving to read all the time. My least favourite is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

No one's mentioned 'Boy'? I just loved that book too - not as much as Matilda, mind you. The part where the boys put the mice in the confectionary store glasses was hilarious, hideous and frightening at the same time. Loved it!

Hah! All pansies compared to My Uncle Oswald! :D The cheekiest and funniest of all!

I've got a thread on that somewhere... :eek:

ds

I used to read a lot of Dahl when I was a child and I guess my favourites would have to be:

• Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • The BFG
  • The Witches
  • Matilda
  • The Twits
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • George's Marvellous Medicine

I see no one else has listed Fantastic Mr Fox - I actually used to quite liked that one :D

I like..

Hi I am Minni me and my favourite Roald DAHL book is charlie and the chocolate factory and the bfg.:)

I liked George's Marvelous Medicine the best.

Then, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda and James and the Giant Peach.

My Top 5:
  1. Matilda
  2. Fantastic Mr. Fox
  3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  4. James and the Giant Peach
  5. Boy
I don't know about The BFG or The Twits because I don't remember the latter very well, and our library copy of the former was disgusting.:D

Back