• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When am I *ever* getting to those?

direstraits

Ever had books in your To Be Read pile, and it's something you're really dying to read, but never seem to get to them? Just when you think you're inching closer to them a new novel from another of your favourite authors comes along and is just begging to be read first.

Right off the top of my head, the books in my TBR pile that falls under this category are:
1. The Once and Future King, TH White
2. A Fire Upon the Deep + A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge
3. The Book of the New Sun, Gene Wolfe
4. A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

ds

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Ape and Essence by Auldous Huxley
At the Mountains of Madness by HP Lovecraft

There are many more, but those immediately spring to mind.

Yep ds, I certainly know that feeling. I currently have 40 books on my "to read" pile, which is the most I've ever had, but it didn't prevent me buying the new Dean Koontz on Sunday (and pricing Wolves of the Calla today). :rolleyes:

"Shadowgate"- Emily Rodda
"Isle of the Dead"- Emily Rodda
"The Icewind Dale Trilogy"- RA Salvatore
"Doryman"- Maura Hanrahan
"Goddess of Yesterday"- Caroline Cooney

The beach house - James Patterson
Diane Mott Davidson (the rest, I didn't read until now)
Anne Rice (also the rest)
yeah and a bunch of other stuff

The only books that comes to mind is the rest of Anne Rice's vampire series, I would like to read it and I intend to do so right after....

At the top of that particular list for me is The Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. Oh, and Cryptonomicon. That is, for right now.

theres like 1000 books on my shelf I need to read but most I don't really want to read, like some Childrens Fiction books I've had for a long time, or my mothers old hardcovers

Of the books I actually have in my possession, I do have that problem. I had 8 or so already checked out from the library and two inter-library-loan books came in today for me and since they are due back after a shorter amount of time, they go to the head of the line and the others all have to wait a bit longer. And I have been really busy with work lately so my reading time has been minimal. :(

by tbr you mean the books i already bought but havent read right

i must have around 20 or so, the ones i can recall right now are: 3 or 4 from agatha chirstie, a bio on king juan carlos, a book about ww1 (novel), the russia house by le carre, a similar one by trenhaile, tommyknockers, a compilation of lovercraft and others called the miths of cthulhu, the name of the rose and the only one im specially looking foward to read, raptor by gary jennings.

i stoped reading the name of the rose since im rereading taltos by anne rice (im kinda researching for the rant ill post when i review her last book).

edit i just reminded while in mexico i bought caldwell's the great lion of god, and forgot to put it in my suitcase, what a shame i really wanted to read that one :(

I have a lot of science books that I have yet to read. :rolleyes:

Quite a few fiction ones as well - the main ones being:

Oryx and Crake
Sarum
London
Black House
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle....

Ugh - the list goes on. :rolleyes:

I have simply loads that are sitting in my TBR pile but keep getting bumped down every time another book by my best-loved authors comes out.

Currently,

The Gunslinger by Stephen King
Tanya Huff's Blood series
The latest in McKenna's Einarinn series (although I'm slowly working my way through that one).

I have approx 920 books in my ownership and, of those, there are approx 300 that I haven't yet read but intend to.

I also suffer from charity shop syndrome in that I will browse these shops for cheap books. And I'll end up buying books which look interesting on the day, but which I wonder why I've brought them months afterwards when I look at them again. Which is why my TBR pile just keeps getting bigger!

Eyes of the Dragon and The Stand by Stephen King
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Blindness by Jose Saramago
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Dune series by Frank Herbert
Beggars in Spain series by Nancy Kress
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin
Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood
The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum
The Sword of Shannara Trilogy by Terry Brooks

Back