• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When is your prime reading time?

SFG75

For me, it's from roughly 10:00 p.m. to midnight when the kids are down and out. I might read twenty or fifty pages before then, but "my" time is definitely late in the evenings. How about you?:cool:

I read on the tram to work every morning and then whenever I get a chance during the day and early evening. After 10:00/10:30 I read for an hour or so.

Late afternoon. Whatever I need to get done for the day is usually over by then.

Whenever I go to bed, which is somewhere between 11pm and 12pm on school nights and on weekends anywhere from 10pm to 2am. In the summer (and winter) holidays it can be anything. I can choose to read all day and night if I want (with sleep squeezed in somewhere). In school I sometimes get to read during my study classes, although its only my Tuesday double (around 11.10 to 12.50) that I get to at the moment (and occasionally on Fridays (from about 10.05 to 10.50)).

Mainly it all depends on what I'm reading and how tired I am/if I've got a class I need to study or do homework for.

bedtime...it's my happy I-don't-hafta-worry-about-anyone-but-me time, which equates to reading until I can't keep my eyes open usually :)

D

Mostly at bedtime, or just before and after the kids are down for the night. Sometimes I get an afternoon to myself. In the car if hubby is driving. (I guess this is why I love road tripping....My chance to read)

just b4 bed 12-3. i always try to read a lot on fridays sometimes i read 5 hours still, but is not the best cuz i cant remember some parts the next morning :p

On days with no work I usually read from about 5-8 and then again before bed - around about 10:30 - for 1/2 an hour to an hour. On workdays I only get to read before bed, although I am able to read during my study period each day - but I usually end up playing cards with my friends.

I had recently instituted a new law: 10PM I'm off the PC and the TV is off. Time to read. Sometimes that will last until eleven, sometimes 1AM. I've ignored my own law the last couple days though. This is being posted at 12:11AM and the TV is on as well. When I don't have to be anywhere too early during the day I like to read first thing when I can as well.

Soon it will be warm enough to read outside under the tree in the backyard. Gotta get my hammock built!

During bathtime, if you can believe that. I like to take long baths, and I am known to read about 50 pages per bath on average. It's a relaxing place to read. All you have to do is make sure you keep the book at face level so it doesn't drop into the water.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
During bathtime, if you can believe that. I like to take long baths, and I am known to read about 50 pages per bath on average. It's a relaxing place to read. All you have to do is make sure you keep the book at face level so it doesn't drop into the water.

I came across waterproof erotica recently. Neat idea.

At night before bed when everything from the day has calmed down. That can be anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours.

Also, I read at my on campus job (I'm in college), and sometimes on campus when I have breaks that are not big enough to justify going home.

I read whenever I can. I have got a couple of weeks off now I have finished this year of uni - so I am hoping to get loads of reading done on my lazy days sat around my flat. Usually though, I read in the evenings. Sometimes I get an hour or two - but it depends on how much my boyfriend wants to watch the TV, I can't concentrate on reading with the TV on, it has to be nice a quiet.

Before going to sleep, on the Metro (if there's enough room to hold the book not too close to my eyes), when I have a quiet moment at work, during boring lectures (i.e. most of them)...

ions said:
I came across waterproof erotica recently. Neat idea.
thats bloody hilarious, lol!!! i'm surprised none of the lads have admitted to reading on the toilet yet!!!!!;) :D

Back