• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you from?

Poppy1 said:
I wondered where Midkemia could be. I bet the scenery is absolutely beautiful even if it is boring. What sort of things are there to do in Donaghadee?

Sorry, the Midkemia thing was a joke :D.(its the world where Raymond E. Feist's books are set, for the most part) it used to say "I wish" beside it, don't know where thats gone.

The area I live in is called Herdstown, its about a mile outside Donaghadee.
Donaghadee is on the east coast of N. Ireland, at the top of the Ards Peninsula. Donaghadee does not have much to do, but there is a library and it is a good kayaking spot. The scenery in Northern Ireland is beautiful, not so much where I am, but at the north coast. (when it isn't raining, of course). I might have some photos, If I can find them I will post them.

I live in Nottingham - UK.

It's okay, quite busy, shops are nice, can't complain. I've lived here all my life, not sure if i want to move when i'm a bit older yet, maybe . . .

I was born in Medellin (Colombia), we moved to Maracaibo (Venezuela) when I was almost 4, then back to Colombia (Bogota this time) for almost 2 years between ages 9 and 11 and finally I moved to Paris in September 2001.

Fistandantilus said:
Sorry, the Midkemia thing was a joke :D.(its the world where Raymond E. Feist's books are set, for the most part) it used to say "I wish" beside it, don't know where thats gone.

The area I live in is called Herdstown, its about a mile outside Donaghadee.
Donaghadee is on the east coast of N. Ireland, at the top of the Ards Peninsula. Donaghadee does not have much to do, but there is a library and it is a good kayaking spot. The scenery in Northern Ireland is beautiful, not so much where I am, but at the north coast. (when it isn't raining, of course). I might have some photos, If I can find them I will post them.

Doh, as Homer Simpson would say:D Would love to see some photos.

I took this picture last week of a female Hummingbird hovering at our Hummingbird feeder. See if you can locate the Hummingbird in the photo.

I took this picture last week of a female Hummingbird hovering at our Hummingbird feeder. See if you can locate the Hummingbird in the photo.
whi0e1.jpg

I spotted him Muggle. I didn't think hummingbirds stayed still long enough to take a photo of them and also didn't realise you had them in America. Love the bird-feeder. I need one like that to feed the tuis (native parson bird - it has a white tuft under it's chin and has a lovely song.) Got a couple to feed off sugar water from our veranda last winter, but my home-made feeder is too small and they gutsed it all too quickly.

muggle said:
whi0e1.jpg

She looks as if she's just perched there on thin air, muggle. You must have a pretty fast eye to have guessed its sex! (Oh, maybe the males are more colorful?)

StillILearn said:
She looks as if she's just perched there on thin air, muggle. You must have a pretty fast eye to have guessed its sex! (Oh, maybe the males are more colorful?)
Actually, I think it may be a male. Males have a distinctive red circle around their neck and I don't see one on this hummingbird but it may be hidden somehow. Females have a long slender neck and this hummer doesn't actually look like a female.

Poppy1 said:
I spotted him Muggle. I didn't think hummingbirds stayed still long enough to take a photo of them and also didn't realise you had them in America. Love the bird-feeder. I need one like that to feed the tuis (native parson bird - it has a white tuft under it's chin and has a lovely song.) Got a couple to feed off sugar water from our veranda last winter, but my home-made feeder is too small and they gutsed it all too quickly.

It is difficult to even imagine how fast the hummingbord's "wings" are going to enable it to hover in the air in one place like that. We really need the large feeder as there are many hummingbirds that come as the weather gets warmer. They are fun to watch when they do their "dive bombing" as they try to scare other hummers away. The hummingbirds fly to South America in late fall to spend the winter and then come back to North America in early Spring.

On the Mississippi River

LA_MissRiverHannibal_Barnett_032905.jpg

I live in a small town on the Mississippi River. Oooh typing Mississippi is fun.

Another photo

LA_MississippiRiver_Alexander_053006.jpg

Very rural part of the US. Farmground everywhere as far as the eye can see. Small towns, rolling terrain, especially close to the banks of the River. The soil is rich and corn, soybeans, wheat are major crops. And the Mississippi is very beautiful, dark and muddy.

My hometown-

canal.jpg

Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA. Historical town on the Ohio/Erie Canal. It's real pretty but the misquito's (sp?) suck!

Back