• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you going on vacation this year?

sweetsymphony

Just thought I'd ask. :)

My husband and I are taking our first-ever road trip in May and I'm excited about it. We're going up through Metropolis, Illinois (hubby's a big Superman fan), over to St. Louis, Missouri, then to Springfield, Illinois (hubby's also a big President Lincoln fan), then to Dixon/Tampico, Illinois (I'm a big President Reagan fan), up to Chicago, Illinois, then down to Indianapolis, Indiana, and stopping in Lexington, Kentucky before heading back home to Chattanooga.

Where are you planning on going this year? I've got a bad case of Spring Fever, and I would love to hear about your plans.

Was thinking about Thailand but I told some friends I didn't want to see many westerners so now... Laos. Looking forward to it!

Anyone else been?

we will probably take my husbands vacation in fridays to have long weekends through the summer, so we will go camping and explore nova scotia this year. i am planning to visit my sister who is running an inn on cape cod and we are also planning a trip to newfoundland in august. i've never been to the rock and we have friends over there who we haven't seen in years.

Probably Spain and Bulgaria or Estonia.

I quite fancy taking a weekend in Reykjavik toward the end of the year.

I always think we're going everywhere.

Then we go to the bleak fens of Lincolnshire and sit in the Sodcutter's Arms and drink Bateman's.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as they say.

Well we've just got back from Geneva which will be our only trip abroad this year (can't leave the dogs), though last year we went camping about 6 times throughout the year and we'll probably go several times this year too (give me a hotel anyday though :rolleyes: ) - next year we're looking at driving to France and going skiing in the Alps - taking the dogs with us :)

Stewart said:
I quite fancy taking a weekend in Reykjavik toward the end of the year.

We wanted to go to Reykjavik but left it too late (so no flights) wouldn't mind going at some point though :)

sweetsymphony said:
Just thought I'd ask. :)

My husband and I are taking our first-ever road trip in May and I'm excited about it. We're going up through Metropolis, Illinois (hubby's a big Superman fan), over to St. Louis, Missouri, then to Springfield, Illinois (hubby's also a big President Lincoln fan), then to Dixon/Tampico, Illinois (I'm a big President Reagan fan), up to Chicago, Illinois, then down to Indianapolis, Indiana, and stopping in Lexington, Kentucky before heading back home to Chattanooga.

Where are you planning on going this year? I've got a bad case of Spring Fever, and I would love to hear about your plans.
I'm hoping to go to Canada to stay with some friends I met out there while I was working there.

Ashlea said:
London and Paris with my mom in June :)

You'll love both Ashlea, (I visited both last year) but there's so much to see and do that you might need another holiday to recover!

A vacation would require money and time, both of which are in short supply around our place at the mo. But we hope to be able to go to New Orleans and other spots on the Gulf Coast next summer.

I'm applying to be a volunteer intern at a wolf sanctuary if I can manage to swing an additional 6 weeks off work to my current 6 weeks.

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
I'm applying to be a volunteer intern at a wolf sanctuary if I can manage to swing an additional 6 weeks off work to my current 6 weeks.

RaVeN

That's really cool!

Back