• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

where to get reviews

mpop

kickbox
hi,
I would like to ask the people who have published before, where have you got your reviews from? does this site offer book reviews?
I have a list of places where you can get reviews from, but I would like to get more reviews.

places you can get reviews as a POD:

midwest book review
try the website book connector to find a lot of places to get reviews from
try the aventine press website for good tips to make book publicity.

if you know any good places, please list them here.
Thank you.

mpop said:
I would like to ask the people who have published before, where have you got your reviews from? does this site offer book reviews?
I have a list of places where you can get reviews from, but I would like to get more reviews.
TCM Reviews handles a lot of P.O.D. / self-published / small press books.

I think this site is working on a book review process (still in the works).

Try your local media (newspapers, magazines, etc.).

There are many sources for book reviews depending on the genre. What type would you categorize it under? I'll try to post more links if you post more information.

There are quite a few bloggers around who have earned a certain respect amongst the book-loving community, who will review your book if approached nicely. Maybe not the same as a press review, but at least it is another impartial reader to lend their weight to your reputation.

A site I found is www.gloomwing.com. They review POD books, and claim to have some sort of quality control. Maybe they do. Can't say it generated any sales for me, but it is still a great boost to confidence to get an observant, literate and detailed review from an independant source.

hi guys,
thanks for your replies. actually I already have the glooming.com and TCM reviews on my list of people to review my book.

I am making a list below of people to consider if you ever want you POD book reviewed. These are the people I have contacted (you can search on the net to find their addresses, or if you really need them, you can just ask me):

The Review Editor
Kaye Trout
Curled Up With a Good Book
Literary Kicks
TCM reviews
Midwest Book review
gloomwing.com

if you know any others, please list them if you can.

Back