• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where? Wolf of Houston.

I had not heard that about blends before, but it does make sense. With my own experience, I have found anything Johnny Walker makes (other than the red) to be very enjoyable.

I do know that the phenomenon described above for scotch, is true of wines. Before Robert Mondavi everyone sold mixed wines made from different grapes. Or, if the wine was made all from one grape, it was advertised by region not variatal. Drinking Chardonnay is a very modern Californian idea. From what I understand, Champagne is usually made from Chardonnay grapes (hence the Chardonnay Champagne gimmic from Korbel) and the name Champagne now refers to the method of bottling. The method of bottling is of course named after the spot in France where it originated.

Greetings from RaveN Wolf.
After surviving for years on a strict diet of Canadian Club & cigars, your my kind of member!

Back