• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which book scared you?

Horror story compilations from the 60' and 70's that I used to read when I was a kid, about 10 years old. Books with worms crawling out of the eye sockets of skulls and the like.

what book was it, because i still havent found one that scares the living #$!@ out of me. i would like to find a book that would!!!! lol

When I was in elementary school the library always donated books to the local classes on holidays. One of the Halloween books was a collection of rhymes that clearly no-one bothered to read before they sent it over, because it was full of poems about goblins and man who kill children, with lines like "he breaks their bones, and cracks their backs, and pullls their tounges apart." Scared the piss out of me. And the pictures? *shudders* Not child-friendly reading material.

False Memory by Koontz scared me just at the thought that people could mess with your mind so horribly. The only other book that really got me were two short stories from Stephen King's Night Shift, Jerusalem's Lot and The Boogeyman. Nightshade by John Saul was perrty creepy too!:eek:

Back