• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which Dan Brown To Read First?

jturpin4

Which Dan Brown book should I read first? Deception Point, Angels & Demons, or Digital Fortress? I havent bought The Da Vinci Code yet.. :rolleyes:

Split the posts from this thread and incorporated them into the main Dan Brown discussion thread as they discussed Dan Brown as an author while not addressing the question asked. Here is the thread for discussion of Dan Brown

Please, stay on topic here :)

jturpin4 said:
Which Dan Brown book should I read first? Deception Point, Angels & Demons, or Digital Fortress? I havent bought The Da Vinci Code yet.. :rolleyes:
jturpin,
I have only read DaVinci Code and would not recommend it as a book to read first. Have not read the others but there must be a simpler shorter way to get into Dan Brown, unless all of his books are monsters.
Peder

I read Angels & Demons after I read The Da Vinci Code. There are a few references to Angels & Demons in The Da Vinci Code as the former book is the first Robert Langdon novel but it doesn't really matter which way round you read them. With all the hype surrounding The Da Vinci Code, you would think that it's superior to the lesser-known Angels & Demons but it's just as good, if not better!

read angels and demons first. it's way better than the da vinci code although i read da vinci code first. of all of brown's books so far, it's the best (imo). digital fortress was boring

AngusBenton said:
Now that is a good point, Angus. Terrible dialouge, flat characters...couldn't agree more.

Good point point, angus angus. Sometimes I feel like I, too, am talking to myself. I just don't get the sympathy from other people that I give so selflessly to myself.

Which article of clothing is most revealing of character?

novella said:
Good point point, angus angus. Sometimes I feel like I, too, am talking to myself. I just don't get the sympathy from other people that I give so selflessly to myself.

Which article of clothing is most revealing of character?

That is funny. Probably just as well the Brown fans didn't engage. I've read 2 of his books and can see why some people like them, but wish readers wished for more. They're like a film novelization at best. A hollywood summer blockbuster film. Oh well. Guess the DB sales will hopefully fund some literary titles at the publishing houses.

In terms of revealing articles of clothing (in terms of character, not anatomy) I would have to say footwear. You can tell alot about a person by what shoes they wear.

stay away from angels and demons/ davinci and start with digital fortress or deception point...after you have read either/both of those, try and tackle angels and demons.

I've read 2 of his books and can see why some people like them, but wish readers wished for more. They're like a film novelization at best. A hollywood summer blockbuster film. Oh well

Angus, I couldn't agree with you more. Books that are written, from the outset, to be optioned to Hollywood are usually bad. The Da Vinci Code doubly so. I've heard that Angels & Demons was better, but then I can't imagine how it could be worse.

Back