• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which e-reader do you own?

Which e-reader do you own?

• Total voters
I have the Kobo Touch right now and I love it. However, I do really want to get the Kobo Glo so that I don't need to get a separate light for travelling at night or reading in bed when my significant other is sleeping :) I prefer the e-ink to a screen every day.

I have a Laser Eb-101 (bought to see if I would *use* an e-reader) and the Kindle keyboard. The Laser reads what the Kindle doesn't, is color, and is backlit so you don't need the light on - great for when my daughter is staying and wants to read from it. It also has a 4GB card in it, so I use it to store a lot of my books.

I haven't found it to be a problem and I can read for 12 hours a day if my schedule is free enough. If you're worried about it though, you might want to go for a non-lit screen and purchase a cover with a light for reading at night time.

That's good to know, thanks.

I have a Kindle Keyboard. It's two year's old and is still going strong - although battery life is not as good as it once was. I love it but still read real books.

If I'm wearing my glasses I use my nook simple touch. If I'm wearing contacts I use iBooks on my iPad.

I also use Calibre to manage my library and what not. I tend to get my books .. illegally, so it helps that I can convert them.

I don't really use it much but I have an app on my Iphone and I do keep a couple of free public domain books on there just encase I get stuck with nothing to read. The hubby wants me to get an Ipad so I don't have to make squinty face in public but I hold out because I like to embarrass him :D

I was thinking about e-paper and how an e-reader would be more kind to my eyes than Acer Iconia A200 I am using. If anything, it wouldn't be so heavy. But then again, after reading a paperback for a couple of hours and an e-book on a laptop or tablet my eyes don't feel any difference. So, I am not buying an e-reader, for now.

Oh and did you see the article about the Norwegian woman that had her Kindle account frozen and all her books removed?

I put books on my kindle that I wouldn't mind having removed, if it came to that. :LOL:

Meanwhile, I still continue to stick with my old original B/W kindle-with-ads. I'm beginning to look lustfully at color tablets, however. Just waiting for the price to get right.

My first e-reader was my iPod Touch. Ah memories. I also got a second-hand Sony PRS-700, which I still use sometimes. It doesn't have a lot of modern conveniences, but I think the readability is still unsurpassed. Other than that, I use my tablet or my phone, mainly with the app from my public library.

Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Keyboard 3G.

To keep things simple, I'll review the paperwhite by comparing it to the 3G. I used the 3G as my e-reader for about two years before I got the paperwhite this past Christmas.

Pros: It's awesome for reading at night. Easily the most nonintrusive way to read in the dark that I've ever come across. It's far better for your significant other than having the lamp on or using a full blown tablet. With the backlight low, it's very easy on your eyes too.

Cons: It's battery life is significantly shorter than the older versions of the Kindle, be they the Keyboard 3G or any of the others. Whereas I could use the Kindle 3G for two weeks plus without recharging, the paperwhite can only go about a week, assuming you're using it heavily and steady, before requiring a plug in. My 3G plus has become my go-to travel reader for exactly this reason.

Personal issue: I'm a scribbler and marker. I extremely dislike the touchscreen highlight feature on the Kindle Paperwhite, and I absolutely hate the highlight feature on the Keyboard 3G. I would much rather be able to write in the margins. I know this probably just something I'm going to have to get use to, but jesus, I've been scribbling since I was 12, it's hard to just give that up.

To update my previous posts, we finally broke down and bought one Kindle Fire, and it's great. For reading I found both the font and background color can be changed. I'm using a slightly larger font, and the sepia background. Works great.

Personal issue: I'm a scribbler and marker. I extremely dislike the touchscreen highlight feature on the Kindle Paperwhite, and I absolutely hate the highlight feature on the Keyboard 3G. I would much rather be able to write in the margins. I know this probably just something I'm going to have to get use to, but, I've been scribbling since I was 12, it's hard to just give that up.

:) :) :) *GASP* defacer of books!! ;) ;) That being said ... I do mark reference books which is perhaps even worse! :D

I have a Sony reader, but I'm not stuck with any particular brand. Discovering that the newer readers are backlit to read in the dark is huge plus for me and I will bear that in mind when this one gives up the ghost.

:) :) :) *GASP* defacer of books!! ;) ;) That being said ... I do mark reference books which is perhaps even worse! :D

LOL! Reminds me of heading to college at 35 and being told to write in my books, I thought them quite mad and just short of evil.:eek:

I still only write in reference books (nursing), but I use the end papers and Index. I use gobs of sticky notes to find things quickly.

Back