• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

which genres do you read?

There's quite a few authors (including my favourite) on the parent site - it's for post modern authors and has loads of excellent information and links relevant to them.

Wabbit,
I kind of know what you mean about Little, Big. I really liked the book, but it reminded me, at times, of Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash (lot's of great ideas and images in search of a cohesive plot).
I sometimes put together little anthologies for friends, and Marquez' "Eyes of a Blue Dog" and the amnesia plague from 100 Years are invariably included. I would also recommend Jorge Luis Borges, among others.
Also, a word about the Rosenthal books: they are out of print, and the third volume of the trilogy (Loop's End) is very difficult to find. However, they can be read on their own.

Wabbit,
I am not trying to sell books here, but I think you'd make out better looking on one of the big used book sites. Alibris or something like that. They were published by Perennial in paperback here in the U.S. (who also published the Garcia-Marquez short story anthology I have).

Thanks for the suggestion but I am in the UK and so Ebay ( UK ) is really the only decent place ( that I know of ) to look out for old books :)

Regards
Sillywabbit

For me it's pretty much all fantasy/romance. I have a few sci-fi books and one or two historical fictions, but for the most part it's all fantasy with a hint of romance. Nothing better than magic and love after all. ^_^

I used to be a sci-fi freak, but recently I have been reading a bit of everything.
From The Straw Men, to The Notebook, to Lullaby, to Legend, and now to The Fog. That's thriller, romance, contemporary, fantasy and horror.

To be honest I am not sure what I like best, a good book is a good book, despite its genre.

Back