• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

which path?

Those were very wise words you spoke, Wabbit. I totally agree. I think we should always go the way our hearts lead us. I think it was Pascal who said, "The heart has reasons that reason can never understand. "

Or something like that. :)

I hope it works out for you whatever you decide, Thirdmangirl.

I've found out that if I use my head too much about a decision and try to analyze it thoroughly, I end up being even more confused because I see the positives and I see the negatives and doubt myself even more. It's kind of like Notes From the Underground, I go into inertia and don't want to do anything. So, as wabbit wonderfully explained, sometimes I don't think and just follow my intuition and whatever happens happens. I think it's good to think about a situation and seek a positive logical solution, but if a consequence of an action is unpredictable, you should follow your intuition.

Thank you all so much for helping me to reach a decision. I have followed my heart. Only time will tell if I've made the right choice.

Wabbit, I'm glowing again. Painfully. But at least I'm glowing. Thank you.

TMG x

TMG

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Hope you find what your looking for and are happy in your life.

ruby :)

Often, when faced with a monumental choice, we know right away what we want to do. The head/heart controversy, the positive/negative evaluation, the looking at it from all angles - these are all ways we undermine our true desire and judgement. Although we know right off what we want to do, we become scared of the imagined consquences and then become unsure. So we start to pick it apart and second guess ourselves in order to delay a decision and to give the appeance (to others AND ourselves) that we are thinking carefully and not acting impulsively.
I don't say you should not think about what you are going to do. But give a real lot of weight to that initial judgement. Listen to it very closely, and go against it at your peril. In my life - the quality of my decisions have had NOTHING to do with how much time I spent thinking about them. In fact, it's been the opposite. Most of the time, you know what you want to do right off the bat. Do THAT.
That is not the head, and it's not the heart either.
It's the gut.

third man girl said:
...time will tell if I've made the right choice.
When the flame on your wick illuminates the feeling in your heart, you have made the right choice. Just beware of the dancing shadows.

Back