• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which?

-Carlos-

I can only purchase one this week. Which novel should I choose?

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

or

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

I know, it's a tough one. Please help. Thanks!

I can't get into 'God of Small Things,' but read 'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn' very easily and really enjoyed it.

One day I know I'll pick up 'God' and stick with it. I have a feeling it will then be classed as one of my all time favs - but not yet.

I can't get into 'God of Small Things,' but read 'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn' very easily and really enjoyed it.

One day I know I'll pick up 'God' and stick with it. I have a feeling it will then be classed as one of my all time favs - but not yet.

Ditto.

Interesting. I'm reading God of Small Things now for my class. Ugh, I have to finish by Tuesday. It's pretty damn good, lots of flashbacks, few present day stuff. I like it.
I know nothing about the other book you suggested.

So yay, I finished God of Small Things early this morning before I had to get ready for school. Slow start, but once you get into it, it's a pretty quick read (I read a little less than half of it this morning). I would definitely recommend it.

I can only purchase one this week. Which novel should I choose?

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

or

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

I know, it's a tough one. Please help. Thanks!

Not only did you buy these two,I see some more went home with ya! Next time listen to me and just buy everything.:whistling:

Back