• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who Are The Writers?

Hi, AFR. I can imagine that to be an enormous challenge! Good luck with it and keep us informed with its progress.

I wrote A Day Well Spent, and it's made me prideful. And you know, my book would be a page turner, but it's an ebook, so there's no turning of pages.

at virtualbookworm. I wrote A Day Well Spent after I read The Prince, because I felt no wiser after having read it, and thought that I myself could offer more through a detailed fiction of a Machiavellian.

but the novel speaks against the Machiavellian amoral ethic of ends and means, even though it illustrates the Machiavellian discipline.

I have been writing for 21 years

I've done non-fiction, ghost-written fiction, covered newspaper features and, at one time, broke a financial story ahead of a major run on gold making me look like a really knowledgeable finance writer when it was just fluke (and I can be totally honest here precisely because I have anonymity).

I have now finished a fantasy novel - went through the round of contacts and had really good readers' reviews and a pile of rejections so I self-published it (the story a little longer than that but I'm giving you the short version).

I despair of publishing houses bringing anything of merit out these days Philip Pullman was a fluke and they resisted him!

Am I good? Ha! I can only answer if I am true. As in am I true to the vision in my head when I get it down on paper or do I think commercial fist and write accordingly and the answer here is that, these days, I stick to the truth and let the commercial stuff take care of itself.

I don't know. What is a BAR member? I mean, I'm not an attorney or anything like that .....

However, I am a writer. I write young adult fantasy and fantasy (paranormal) romance.

Two of my novels are being released later this month. And two more are scheduled for release next year.

I three manuscripts that I am working on and are almost ready to submit to a publisher.

Before writing my novels I was a Regional Editor for a 38 page homeschooling magazine and had quite a few feature stories published in area newspapers. I had a few short stories published in a couple of ezines as well.

Hmmm, I guess that's all .... for now....

Hi, Forest. Congratulations on the release of those two. I had a look at your website and your books and they sound good.

I would write more, but the prospect of Herculean work with little payoff sounds rather depressing. Regardless, something keeps nagging me to write. I don't know what it is and it won't go away. So far I've ignored it enough to drive me crazy. Deep down I know it's only my ego talking. Upon analysis, I seem to want to write more for the thrill of telling others I've published something than for any love of the craft itself (as someone else put it earlier: "more fun to have done than to do"). I want people to go "oooh ahh!" when they hear the news. That's bad, especially since a smaller and smaller subset of the population is impressed by book publishing these days. And few people go "ooh ahh" unless some major celebrity or scandal is involved anyway. So I sate myself by writing summaries of stories I'll probably never write, posting on forums, and reviewing books and CDs on Amazon.

I'm a pretty young writer (check link on sig and guess my age) and never finished a piece of work, mainly because I'm not organized and I try to create the story while I write it. I'm always reading, trying to find how to write a good book (AFTER I read). Right now, my strategy is to write a quick summary about what's going to happen (includes main ideas of the story) and it's going to be fanstasy or some type of fiction.

I'm the greatest writer in the world, but I brag alot. I will say that, compared to my writing, the words of other authors do as much good to the page as graffiti does to the walls of the Taj Mahal !...now, this may sound like an insult, but it is really a comparison to greatness, and so if I think so highly of myself, there is room for a kind, fatherly condesension in regard to the works of others, and just as one might say of graffiti 'boys will be boys' I might in this way excuse the authorship of others. Of course, if I weren't good this'd be a real insult!

Now listen, the fact that I'm hiding a can of green spray paint behind my back and the graffiti on the Taj Mahal is in green paint is PURELY COINCIDENTAL. :D

Now listen, the fact that I'm hiding a can of green spray paint behind my back and the graffiti on the Taj Mahal is in green paint is PURELY COINCIDENTAL. :D

oh yeah? well says here you're writing a book. So are you planning to paint the town green tonight?

I also do some writing, but my projects are top secret; hush, hush, until they're all done and approved, reworked and rewritten once more, and then once more approved. :)

Back