• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who Had the Best New Years Fireworks Display?

A lady on one of my debate boards is staying up to hear the gunfire. :eek: Evidently, the bad parts of town have the sky illuminated with hundres of rounds of tracer shells. Supposedly, you can barely hear others if you are outside and close enough to these areas. To live in Atlanta.:eek:

I missed the fireworks. I'd been in the kitchen the whole day so i sneaked out of my own party to have a quick shower which turned into a full blown bubble bath in which i promptly fell asleep. Right now i have about 18 completely drunk people downstairs - their past the loud stage and into the whole discussion of philosophical matters :rolleyes: and i'm hiding out in the study with a pint of strawberry milkshake. The only other non drinker is my sister who is in the next room praying. Oh how i love my family :rolleyes: This is the best new years ever :p :D .

Hope you all had a great New years.

SFG75 said:
A lady on one of my debate boards is staying up to hear the gunfire. :eek: To live in Atlanta.:eek:
The US even....:rolleyes:

Melbourne had good fireworks but Sydney with the bridge was the best in this country..:D

I saw a clip of the Sydney fireworks on the news just now. The red heart ones looked wonderful! :)

No fireworks here. Drought + 50mph winds = ban on all things potentially flammable. So my vote would have to be, anywhere else.

The world pyrotechnic olympics was held close to where I live, so I had a really fantastic fireworks display for a few nights. :D The pyrolympix is a competition of the best fireworks displays in the world. Australia won.

I didn't see any from other countries, but I watched the ones in Sydney on TV. I didn't go in because it is far too crowded for me. But they looked sensational.

Back