• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who here Likes Kate Elliot?

shanemckiness

Kate Elliot is my favorite writer (at this moment) because of her Crown of Stars series. Does anyone else like her?
-shane

I've read the Crown of Stars Series. I'll give you fair warning, the ending was a bit of a let down. After she'd spent so long setting up the story, the conclusion was very rushed, and also left a few things unfinished.

I've read the first book of the series and definately plan to read the rest. It will propably take me a while to get round to it though because I have the US edition of the King's Dragon and I want to have the US editions of the rest. I'm picky about such things :)

I've read all but the last book in that series and enjoyed it.

And yeah, I heard you Litany, thanks for the warning. :)

Mmm Well, you obviously didn't finish the series since the last book didnt even come out yet, so I don't know if you really meant to say it was a let down (were you guessing?). The last book is called Crown of Stars (in the crown of stars series), and is supposed to come out in a few months.

Shane

The ending to the last book of all the ones which have so far been published was very disappointing. Happier now?

Kate

I plan to read the Crown of Stars series because I have heard a lot of good things about it, but I want to wait until the last book is finished and easily accessible (aka, at my library) before I start. I read the first book of the Jaran series (called, strangely enough, Jaran). I liked it well enough to want to read CoS, but not enough to continue that series. For me, there was too much "romance novel" in it. Some people liked it for that same reason, though. The writing itself was good.

I've got the first of the Jaran books on my To Read pile, but it's been there ages and I never seem to get round to it.

Yes. You rumbled me. I'm so very desperate for attention that I made the whole thing up just to be popular. :rolleyes:

Back