• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your all-time favourite movie star ??

Jeez, you must all have missed some wonderful films.:rolleyes:
The answer is of course Jack Nicholson andDustin Hoffman.:cool:

Yes, Jack is very good I must admit.
A little older actor that I like is Sidney Poitier. He is so talented in the roles he has played.

A couple of other modern day favourites I like are Nicholas Cage, Samuel L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, Tom Hanks....

In general, I'm really turned off by celebrity worship. Most of them are just overpaid egomaniacs that are good at their job.

I thought Clint Eastwood's performance in Million Dollar Baby was extraordinary.
I liked the aborigine in The Gods Must Be Crazy.

Choc said:
Please forgive my ignorance, BUt I've never heard of Richard Basehart. What era and genre does he derive from?

Choc If you follow the link, and read the bios that will explain it more throughly than I can, but in essence, he was an actor in the 1940's thru I suppose the '70's or so that was under used and never really appreciated IMO. Some of the movies he played in were horrible, and some were classics. He was Ishmael in Moby Dick, and many other secondary characters. I first saw him when I was young in the '60's on the television series, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. He took the main role. Just the other day an old movie was on cable...Decision Before Dawn, both he and another fine actor Oskar Werner were in that.
And Choc its never "ignorance" to ask a question. Its ignorance not to. :)
So thanks for asking. :)

pontalba said:
Choc If you follow the link, and read the bios that will explain it more throughly than I can, but in essence, he was an actor in the 1940's thru I suppose the '70's or so that was under used and never really appreciated IMO. Some of the movies he played in were horrible, and some were classics. He was Ishmael in Moby Dick, and many other secondary characters. I first saw him when I was young in the '60's on the television series, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. He took the main role. Just the other day an old movie was on cable...Decision Before Dawn, both he and another fine actor Oskar Werner were in that.
And Choc its never "ignorance" to ask a question. Its ignorance not to. :)
So thanks for asking. :)

Thanks for the info Pontalba. I will check out the link lata. I dont' think I saw it the first time.

Johnny Depp.

He plays the most amazing roles and always manages to stay out of the tabloids. His talent on screen is mindblowing.

I love to watch a film with Christopher Walken. I have to agree with Johnie Depp being a good actor, when he plays a character, he is that character.

I also enjoy Deniro, Pacino and many others.

I don't think I have a favourite actor persay, but I really do enjoy the characters that Philip Seymour Hoffman portrays on screen. I tend to look at the quality of the movie rather than who is front of the camera. I know it's stupid, but I would rather watch a quality film than a film just for the fact that a specific actor is in it.

Maybe I should just say that I enjoy many actors, no matter what their names maybe; it's the quality of their work that makes me go and see them on screen.

JimMorrison said:
Johnny Depp.

He plays the most amazing roles and always manages to stay out of the tabloids. His talent on screen is mindblowing.

I could not agree more. I am in love with this man.

I also adore:

Christopher Walken
John Voight
Mike Vogel

Kate Beckinsale
Keira Knightley
Jessica Biel
Mandy Moore
Rosario Dawson
Kate Winslet
Judi Dench

Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie.. I'll probably watch anything they play in. I love 'em all.

Jamie Foxx and Hugo Weaving.
There isn't much to talk about these people, they're just great actors.

My all time favorite actor hands down is William Powell My Man Godfrey

I also adore Bette Davis-- She has a few evil characters. Dark Victory is my fave

Put in my vote for the Deppster. Edward Scissorhands - awesomeness.

I also like Anthony Hopkins (despite a couple of dodgy movies ), Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, Angelica Huston, Jim Carrey, Tim Robbins, Bruce Willis and Ralph Fiennes.

Back