• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who likes Monty Python?

direstraits

I *loved* _Life of Brian_ (the theme song is brilliant!)
"Nobody is to say the name 'Jehovah'" [assailed by stones]

Also loved _Monty Python and the Holy Grail_. There were so many things there that made me laugh so hard! :)

Didn't like the other movie so much though - the Life thingee - can't remember at this moment.

Never seen _Now For Something Completely Different_, or _The Flying Circus_, though.

So who else?

ds

Man, I could recite verbatim full scenes from the Holy Grail. It's just funny, funny stuff.

The meaning of life is uneven, but parts of it are hilarious. I'm thinking the machine that goes *ping*.

Am tempted to lock this thread before this becomes an all day affair . . . :p

Oh, who am I kidding . . .

"It's only a flesh wound!"

. . . but, it's only a wafer thin mint!

It's become a running joke in my family whenever we dine out.

If you like The Holy grail and Life of brian you should see The flying Circus, although not as great as the movies it still extremely funny..

TIM: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul,
cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.

ROBIN: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
TIM: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide, it's
a killer!

ROBIN: What's he do, nibble your bum?
TIM: He's got huge, sharp-- he can leap about-- look at the
bones!

All power to the killer rabbits

Hay

The Holy Grail is my favourite :) Though I do like The life of Brian :D

We shall say 'ni' again to you if you do not appease us.
Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!

TIM: I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--

Ashlea said:
Man, I could recite verbatim full scenes from the Holy Grail. It's just funny, funny stuff.

The meaning of life is uneven, but parts of it are hilarious. I'm thinking the machine that goes *ping*.
Ah, yes, _The Meaning of Life_. The part about the Catholic who won't use a condom is the part that I liked, esp. when his neighbour talked about the Catholic and the children filing out of the house the whole time.

Back to the Holy Grail!
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"
"Not at all. They could be carried."

Woohoo!

ds

"Isn't it nice to have a penis?"

'The Meaning of Life' is my favourite...I love the animation of the tree with all the leaves that commit suicide...

I actually thought The Meaning of Life was one of the better MP movies (The Holy Grail being the other one). I never was a fan of The Life of Brian though. Or of Jabberwocky, though I'm not sure that's an official MP product (like Eric the Viking, which I did quite like).

The sketches... Some of them are absolutely divine: The Ministry of Silly Walks, How Not to Be Seen, The Dead Parrot Sketch, etc. etc. but there are also quite a few duds in there.

Ah well, on the whole they're great.

direstraits said:
Ah, yes, _The Meaning of Life_. The part about the Catholic who won't use a condom is the part that I liked, esp. when his neighbour talked about the Catholic and the children filing out of the house the whole time
I agree that was one of the funnier parts. Not a big fan of The Meaning of Life, but I agree that it did have its humorous moments.

I've heard tell that there is a Broadway musical in the makings for Monty Python, and our dear Eric Idle is the brains behind it. How much fun would that be!? The already have some great songs to put in, i.e. the Lumberjack song. I can't wait to see if it will really happen!

Back