• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who likes The Sound of Music?

I LOVE the Sound of Music! And also Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Like most of you i was bought up with it with my mum, having said that my all time favourite film has to be, without a doubt is Gone with the Wind. My mum didn't really like it but i ADORE it. Clark Gable is just gorgeous in it. It is the perfect film to curl up to in the Winter time with a Hot cup of Coco.

lucylou said:
I LOVE the Sound of Music! And also Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Like most of you i was bought up with it with my mum, having said that my all time favourite film has to be, without a doubt is Gone with the Wind. My mum didn't really like it but i ADORE it. Clark Gable is just gorgeous in it. It is the perfect film to curl up to in the Winter time with a Hot cup of Coco.

GWTW is my all time favorite!!!!!!!!!!! I can't watch it enough!!!!! I have it on DVD and I also have the book, which I've read twice now. :) LOVE IT!!! And I agree, Clark Gable is definate eye candy in it. *swoon!*

On topic, I love the Sound of Music... Great movie!! I'll have to watch it again, soon! Just have to find my tape and a VCR that works. lol I should ask for it for Xmas on DVD!! And as far as the post with "doe a deer" in it, and the person who asked if you sang it as you were reading it, I DID!! lol

I dont like the sound of music,but i think its something to do with getting forced to watch as a child far to many times.

Julie Andrews has "confidence"! I love her, hence I love this film. I know every song, favorites are - How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria, I Have Confidence, Edelweiss, The Lonely Goatherd, oh heck, I like almost all except the solfeggio starter song, Doe, a Deer - well, it picks up when the duet music begins... and if you've never seen the Kids in the Hall version of Doe, a Deer, you're missing a real treat.

The Music Man is next on my musicals list and I completely love How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying; fabulous finale in that - the Brotherhood of Man song, wow!:cool:

I have the whole Roger and Hammerstein collection but I do absolutely adore 'The Sound of Music'...my favourite for sure. Closely followed by State Fair (which is completely hilarious!) :p

For Doe, a Deer, Kids in the Hall version, click. Don't know why the sound isn't synchronous, but I think you'll get the idea.

Back