• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who's your fav late night show host?

«FickleMinded»

--I enjoy watching Jay Leno,it always give me a good laugh specially the "jaywalking" segment.
I don't like watching Jimmy Kimmel,I like him when he was still on NFL on fox,but on his late night show,I think he's too corny and OA as a host.

Not one of those shows is broadcast anymore in my neck of the woods, which is a real shame - some 10 years ago they did show Letterman and Leno over here, and I absolutely loved them.

Letterman's better, though. At least, back then he was.

Cheers

Conan O'Brian, I can't stand the other guys. He is pretty repetitive, but then there's no reason to watch such a show regularly anyways, so I don't really mind. Shame he's almost exclusively interviewing a bunch of boring film and pop music stars.
We only get Letterman here though.

What I'd prefer would be getting The Daily Show w. Jon Stewart though.

i do enjoy jon stewart, but try to catch conan mostly. jay leno and dave letterman are boring now. conan has a eird, quirkiness which i like.

I watched Conan O'Brien again the other day after years of not watching anything, and he's just not funny anymore, if you ask me. The show still has its moment, but that's mostly due to the people on the show, not Conan.

really? see, though, i just started watching him so i guess it's all new material to me.... :D

Conan O'Brien and The Daily Show are the only watchable late night shows. I have no idea why neither of these shows is broadcast in Australia - I think we get Jay Leno and David Letterman *very* late at night (like 3am or so), and they are both terrible in my opinion. Their monologues are appalling, and every now and then Jay will still pop out a Bill Clinton joke - now *that* is dated.

Jon Stewart is just awesome, and Conan has a sort of quirkiness where, if a joke falls flat or something goes wrong, it's just part of the fun. The low budget nature of the show is one of the things that makes it appealing.

I heard somewhere that Conan was supposed to take over from Johnny Carson (is that the right name?) on one of the more main-stream late night shows, instead of Letterman or Leno. But politics came up and he was pushed back until 2006 or so. Anyone heard that?

I really miss Johnny Carson... Jon Stewart seems to be worth watching for a good laugh, even the reruns on Comedy Central are fun. I don't think I would enjoy reruns of Letterman or Leno. But Carson...

Everyonce in a while I'll watch Letterman if my partner hasn't already put on drivel like Walker Texas Ranger and Seinfeld, but more often I choose to read instead. I haven't seen Jon Stewart on CNN (wasn't even aware he was off Comedy Central), I think I'm a bit behind on TV these days.

i think that at one time conan was supposed to take over for johnny and may be in line once dave retires, but who knows. i agree with you kook, that conan is great because he makes fun of himself if a joke flops. he used to write for saturday night live years ago......i know too much about this...time to go read some more! :eek:

Conan!!!! Of Leno, Letterman and Conan, his off-the-cuff jokes are pretty brilliant, and makes all these faces...

Maybe because he's younger and therefore fresher, but then that's my opinion.

I've never watched Job Stewart, but hear he's pretty damn good. Recently I got his take on the MJ verdict, and I've been watching his video clip in my PDA for the past few days. Get it here.

ds

I like to watch Jon Stewart and Johnny Carson was great, but there is something about most late night show host that I really just don't like. Jay Leno especially gives me the creeps for some reason.

Letterman! I used to watch him all the time, however I don't get to much anymore because I have to be up so early for work... but I'll occasionally TIVO him if I see someone interesting is coming on.

Back