• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

why did you join the book forum?

Wow Peder, I actually remember that response that you posted. We are getting old my friend!

I've been a member for a long time. I really appreciated the book discussions and the BOTM selections early on were just outstanding threads. I remember those books warmly when I see them on my shelves. There are lulls in my participation due to real life concerns, but I always end up coming back. I've branched out in my reading interest due to the influence of some members. I've purchased more self-published works due to the members who have been generous and shared their works. Instead of being a "snob" and looking down, I believe I have morphed into "snob, but read others to verify":D

Excellent post too Ronny

Er, no, I think. I learned a long time ago keeping alteregos in other forums with common acquaintances is a double-edged sword (and plenty of chances for awkward PMs).

Any forum you're specifically referring to? (although I can probably safely stay with the answer no, because I'm a banana, not an orange)

No specific forum, I have seen a few oranges bouncing around but you are the only banana I have came across.

It does get confusing when you have different usernames at other places. I sort of wish I could now change them all to the same. It was just way back in the dawning days of forum use, I found it beneficial to use an androgynous name/avi.

Can we change user names? I want to do it on FB too but ah well, that's a whole other beast altogether.

You can, and you can. Send an email to the owners here and they can change your username here if you wish (but you will upset 8 years of familiarity of people who know you as Ronny).

You send a request to the FB folks on the change of names as well. I did it before. Note, however, that you are invoking a real-life FB staff to change it for you (that is to say, a name change in FB requires approval), and it is stated that you are to use your real name in FB. Therefore it is unlikely that you can change your FB name to 'Ronny the Really Awesome Goldfish', for example.

Ronny is a real life nickname, it is what everyone called me growing up & at school, but now that I am older I started using Maude (a shortened version of my first name, which is Maudaevee) at work and around other places. Now I feel it is confusing because I have 3 different names People call me and it can be difficult to explain at times.

Maudaevee is a very unique name indeed.
I have never met another :) and forget about getting a souvenir mug with my name on it :rolleyes:

When I was young I hated having an unusual name but now that I am more comfy with myself I like it.

No one's going to compete with you on email addresses or usernames on popular internet services, I have to say.

Well, hello! I'm amazed that this thread is still around and active.

I haven't been participating in any forums lately and thought I'd stop by to see what's going on here. Lots of unfamiliar names, but still a core of old members. I miss some of those old discussions (but not so much the drama). Still, it's good to see some familiar faces (hello Peder, DS, Ronny).

Read my post on the first page of this thread. That seems like it was an eternity ago. - Just sayin'.

Ell!!! Missed you! I'm on my annual jaunts here, but have been staying longer than my previous visits this time. Juggling my time more carefully nowadays, but when I do participate it's fun!

Hi Ell, it is good the hear from you, I have wondered how you've been. I hope all has been going well for you :)

I've missed you guys too. All's well. All progeny have left the nest. Don't feel old, but I must be right?

I must say, the new look BAR isn't the most intuitive for finding things. And it's a little disconcerting looking down at "Similar Threads" to see threads and avatars I recognize from 2004!

Back